Tulips on my kitchen table

paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
edited June 6, 2009 in Holy Macro
This winter, I did a series of shots of flowers on my kitchen table, illuminated only by a 50W halogen pendant lamp hanging from the ceiling. It was a chance to experiment--e.g., to find out how much sharpness I would lose from diffraction by shutting the lens way down. (Answer for an EF-S 60mm f 2.8: very little, not nearly enough to offset the greater DOF). Here are three of tulips. Critiques welcome.

Thanks for looking.

447549092_Y5AXG-XL.jpg

504771543_azN4Z-XL.jpg

498633502_RJ8cq-XL.jpg

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2009
    LOvely series of shots. Esp like the light and composition of #1 and the colour riot of #3.
    DOF/Diffraction issues via aperture really are subject (and magnification)dependent. If the subject has no fine detail you do not lose much stopping down.

Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    paddler4 wrote:
    This winter, I did a series of shots of flowers on my kitchen table, illuminated only by a 50W halogen pendant lamp hanging from the ceiling. It was a chance to experiment--e.g., to find out how much sharpness I would lose from diffraction by shutting the lens way down. (Answer for an EF-S 60mm f 2.8: very little, not nearly enough to offset the greater DOF). Here are three of tulips. Critiques welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Very nicely done Paddler4 clap.gifclap.gif

My favourite is No. #1
    The Halogen light has nicely, so you didn't use a flash as well, just the Halogen light right?

The kitchen bench just comes in so handy for photography,
    I use mine for Macro shots.

Lovely series Paddler thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin