San Francisco

eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
edited June 15, 2009 in Landscapes
I went to San Francisco for the Memorial Day weekend to begin a book project. Here are a few that are not a part of it.
Stilwell Hall
StilwellHall0396.jpg

Doors to Confusion
DoorstoConfusion0382.jpg

You Are Here
YouAreHere0372.jpg

Lee
Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
"Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather

Comments

• PackingMyBagsPackingMyBags Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    I was just there this past weekend and saw all of these sights as well. Mine dont look as dark as yours though. Were you aiming for darker pictures?

What was your motivation?
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    I wasn't aiming for darker photos so much as I was shooting during a competely overcast weekend. My motivation was a book project. I'll be going back for more, hopefully some that include sunshine.

Page84Pan-PacIntExpo0360.jpg
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • dyuhasdyuhas Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    I wasn't aiming for darker photos so much as I was shooting during a competely overcast weekend. My motivation was a book project. I'll be going back for more, hopefully some that include sunshine.
    If you want sunshine in San Francisco during the summer you'll have to shoot in the afternoon when the fog layer breaks up.

Dave
  • PackingMyBagsPackingMyBags Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    dyuhas wrote:
    If you want sunshine in San Francisco during the summer you'll have to shoot in the afternoon when the fog layer breaks up.

Dave

Nothing PP can fix easily. At least the lighting is smooth and even with overcast. Makes for nice pictures IMO.
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    Some nice shots of a beautiful city, Lee. Good work! thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    Careful what you wish for: You got a great EV on the pond/tower with no sharp shadows sun would bring. Its a nice exposure

Rags
    Rags