Austin Texas - HDR

TbiaforeTbiafore Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited June 25, 2009 in Landscapes

Comments

• PackingMyBagsPackingMyBags Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    I really like the composition and the quality of most all of your shots. They come out very nice. Your HDR shots could use a little work though. Some look a bit too over processed and create that halo effect that takes away from the image.

I suggest running them through the process again and practicing a bit more with photomatix. It can be a tough program to master.
  • TbiaforeTbiafore Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    Thanks for the tip and feedback! Its always appreciated!

--Thor
    www.NerdGodPhotography.com <-- Come check it out!
  • amg2833amg2833 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2009
    Where did you find that wonderful bus?
    ANTHONY :thumb
    [AMG]photos

[Yashica Lynx 14E | Canon 30D | Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 | 540ez | Cactus V4s]

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited June 11, 2009
    The watermarks across the center of all your images is a showstopper for me.
  • Chris HChris H Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    I agree about the overprocessing in HDR. Sometimes it's the right effect, but it's not working for me on these. I tend to find that the preview on photomatix looks less overcooked than the final image (if that makes sense!?), so I always back off the effect a little before hitting the 'process' button.
  • Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    Chris H wrote:
    I agree about the overprocessing in HDR. Sometimes it's the right effect, but it's not working for me on these. I tend to find that the preview on photomatix looks less overcooked than the final image (if that makes sense!?), so I always back off the effect a little before hitting the 'process' button.
    Same here, but one thing you need to remember is that once you've processed them in photomatix, you're not done. You should get the "overall" look that you want with photomatix, but then adjust the color, brightness, and well - everything... in either lightroom or camera raw. Then do your final retouching in photoshop for that extra bump for perfection.

But, I do like the bus one... I think you processed it to be surreal on purpose, and it looks good.

my $0.02 but in america its not even worth that much anymore. rolleyes1.gif :cry
    Jer
    edited June 15, 2009
    thanks for the feedback everyone!

--Thor
  • SatelliteBikerSatelliteBiker Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 23, 2009
    amg2833 wrote:
    Where did you find that wonderful bus?

That is one icon of Austin. It's next to the Broken Spoke honky tonk (google maps streetview link).

Tbiafore, I like the images, but IMO, the watermark is too distracting.
    edited June 25, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback on the watermark everyone. We removed it and it did seem to distract the photos. Maybe I was just a little paranoid :)

Thanks!

--Thor
  • rookieshooterrookieshooter Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    I think they look pretty good. Nice work.