Krysten

OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
edited June 14, 2005 in People
We had fun today. Let me know what you think!

My favorite from the shoot...

krys1-vi.jpg

I know this one has some blown highlights but I think it really captures her well.

krys10filtered-vi.jpg

A surprise/accident. One of the most beautiful I did of her.

krys5-vi.jpg

Thanks for any constructive criticism!

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 13, 2005
    Owen she's beautiful iloveyou.gif You did a very nice job of capturing her thumb.gifthumb

Hey, did I mention she's beautiful??....lol

Other than the mixed lighting in #2 (it's still a nice shot clap.gif), I think you did fine. My only criticism would be that I believe you can make these even better with a bit of post processing.

For example, in shot 1 her skin looks too yellow to me (could be my monitor, so take this with a grain of salt). If you use Color Balance >midtones>+10 blue, her skin looks nicer. Again, to me on my monitor, YMMV.

She is beautiful and if she's more than just your model, you are one extremely lucky dewd thumb.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2005
    For example, in shot 1 her skin looks too yellow to me (could be my monitor, so take this with a grain of salt). If you use Color Balance >midtones>+10 blue, her skin looks nicer. Again, to me on my monitor, YMMV.
    Ahhh! Miracle worker! Yeah. I agree. That does look more realistic.

She's a friend of mine. Most of my "models" are. They've all been paying me to do portraits for them. I end up doing a layout and having it printed. Most of them are framing them and giving them to their parents. It's nice to be recognized for your talents!

Owen
    edited June 14, 2005
    Here is her layout. I agree it is kind of yellow, but I like the warmth.

krystenlayoutsm-vi.jpg
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    Owen wrote:

My favorite from the shoot...

krys1-vi.jpg

I know this one has some blown highlights but I think it really captures her well.

krys10filtered-vi.jpg

A surprise/accident. One of the most beautiful I did of her.

krys5-vi.jpg

You have a beautiful friend, Owen!
    And I like the photos. Think that using healing brush for some parts of the face can only do good job. (Aren't we going to make this world better:-)
    I'd also try to make some b&w...
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    Very pretty girl Owen, I like the first one. thumb.gif I'll go with Yuri on softening the skin blemishes.

regards
    alan
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 14, 2005
    very nice Owen. #1 is pretty teriffic. thumb.gif
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    Owen wrote:

I agree with most of the above, including the skin tone, but have one thing to add. And this subject took me a long time to muster up the courage to just say it as it is to my models and ask w/o being afraid they would look at me as some kind of freak or pervert.

The bra strap is largely distracting.

I believe it is up to the photographer to point these things out and than leave it to the subject to make the decision.

FWIW, YMMV,

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
    edited June 14, 2005
    Hey XO,

Honestly, I didn't notice it until you pointed it out!

I will look for those sorts of things next time. I don't think she could have done anything.. maybe a black bra. Her shirt was cut in such a way that you are supposed to see the strap.

Yuri:

BTW... how do I "heal" like you say? What what are you saying should be healed? I was told to look for imperfections, not conceal them.

Owen