27 is here...first whaddyathink...

ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
edited June 7, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
551249343_H9Cbk-M.jpg

B&W conversion is still a new thing for me. I did this one using a ColorFX filter, but I need to play with this for a while. Not sure I trust my own eye yet.
uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
ackdoc.com

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2009
    You just shot this? That was fast !!! your making me feel lazy...

I like it... however, I don't like the line coming up from his tail feathers...

Kat
  • ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2009
    I shot this at this time...LAST night. But I know where these buggers live and have taken dozens of these in the past. Seems like nice contrast when you take these drab pigeons, against the dark metal background, and change them to B&W...have to get a handle on the theme a little better though and work on my B&W conversion. Just might fill this thread with bird poo for a couple of days...or, I'll think of something else.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2009
    that is really really good
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    I really like this shot. One suggestion though... I think it would look much better if the bird were face towards the negative space in the picture.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited June 2, 2009
    I really like this shot. One suggestion though... I think it would look much better if the bird were face towards the negative space in the picture.
    15524779-Ti.gif
    edited June 2, 2009
    Sure............ Just ask the bird to turn around... Laughing.gif

well looks like you are gonna have to hit Brian up, he is the bird whisperer "slash" photographer you know... perhaps see what he charges..:photo:lol4

Well, if he is too expensive you could always add the black space in PS.. but what is the fun in that..
    edited June 2, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback. Rain today, but I'm going to go back, and hopefully find that same contrast-y bird and ask her to turn around the next time. The conversion is a little too dark. I think it would be better if you could see the texture of the iron cubby it was standing in.

551249041_s5WW5-S.jpg

551249971_vuicP-M.jpg
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
    edited June 2, 2009
    Well when you find your perfect "contrasty" bird be sure to mind your manners and offer her some popcorn for her cooperation..

Good luck with it..:ivar

Kat
    edited June 6, 2009
    Went back to get the pigeons yesterday and they just would not pose properly. So, new plan. Help me decide between these two from today:

556318526_dH662-L.jpg

556319319_LXEY3-L.jpg

Thanks!
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
    edited June 6, 2009
    I really like both... however, the composition is "much more" successful in the first one in my opinion... I like #1..clap.gif

nice photos...

Kat
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    The 1st sailboat pic for sure. Not sure about the strong contrast though. Loses a lot of detail.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
    edited June 7, 2009
    I agree about the contrast of #1. I will work on that one. I think the focal length, lack of sharpness, and haze did me in on that one.

How about:

556831501_j2SRq-L.jpg
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
    edited June 7, 2009
    OK softened the first one, and it's my entry.

(Kinda miss the pigeons though.)

Thanks.

557117219_uvmdv-L.jpg
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
    edited June 7, 2009
    I like this one.. but I like the one above it too, but without the vignetting...

Nice photos..

Kat