CC from an objective view

blaser321blaser321 Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
edited June 3, 2009 in People
It was my daughters 19th birthday and I took the opportunity to take some photos of most everybody
mostly the girls the guys just not into it LOL
Here's one I took of a young couple at the party and they were happy with it but a little CC from people that look at
photos a lot more objectively would be great

552667944_3Zn5T-XL.jpg

here is a link to the rest if you are interested
http://blaser.smugmug.com/gallery/8322432_2zqe6/1/552667944_3Zn5T
5D mark II, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8 L IS
EF 2.0x II extender BG-E6

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    The lighting both subject, hair & bg look great.

The pose: her arm, shoulder/back looks very odd to me in the photo. I had to concentrate on it to make the connection as to exactly what it was. Strangely competes with their faces in the image.

I'd say, pretty impressive for on-location shooting thumb.gif

YMMV
    Randy
  • du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    I think for this pose, this is shot a bit too tight. Tops of heads are cut off (which doesn't really bother me), but when you combine that with the small bit of hair that was cut off frame left, it looks unfinished. Also, framing a bit looser would (I think) solve the previous comment about the arm (which I also agree with).

Lighting looks good, though on the shoulder frame right, it's a bit hot.

Thanks for posting.
    d8
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    I like the shot, nice facial expressions, lighting not bad. Kind of looks like it could be used as a teeth whitening ad! I am not on my calibrated monitor but The skin tones seem a little too saturated for my taste and I do feel the skin looks kind of over processed and plasicky (if that is even a word!) especially on the guy.
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    I agree about the skin tones and the over processing. Take it back a notch. Cute picture, nice sparkly eyes.

Caroline
  • momwacmomwac Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    Lovelovelove the catchlights, not so keen on the blur. Maybe all it needs is a bit more opacity on that texture layer, if you're using Chris's technique from http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=131886

Their teeth and the whites of her eyes look unnaturally bright to me. The whites of his eyes look ok, but did you remove dark circles from under his eyes? The skin tone is so even going up to his lower lashes that it looks like his right cheek is swollen. Looks like she got this treatment too, but not to the same extreme. Of course I could be wrong, and maybe that's the way his face is shaped. :oogle

Again, I love the lighting, and their expressions are great. The casual framing doesn't bother me; it just looks more candid that way. Her arm over his shoulder does look a little odd, but not odd enough to throw out the photo.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    lighting is great.clap.gif The posing is so so..what randy said. The skin and teeth look too perfect and bit over proccessed though. If the skin and teeth are unprocessed god bless them! :D
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    Agree with all of the above. If you used portrature on it put it on its own layer and erase the eyes, nostrils, lips, teeth and some of the hair they drop the fill down to 71ish percent and it will look better.
  • blaser321blaser321 Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    Ok I looked at everything and tried it one more time his skin is very light thats why I think I over saturated it this time not at all and a wider crop any better?

553232163_QUoDF-XL.jpg
    5D mark II, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8 L IS
    EF 2.0x II extender BG-E6
  • lisarhinehartlisarhinehart Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2009
    mappy medium?
    His skin color does look a little fake in your first post, and I can see why you changed it now that I see the second post-- very pastey. Is there a happy medium? I like your original tight crop, maybe include a little more of his head in it? I'm new here, so FWIW :) Lisa
    Lisa
    My Website