"Beach Bums"

caceecacee Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited June 15, 2005 in People
Quick stop in Biloxi, MS. Returning from LA. to
AL. The two little ones first exploration, old sister is an old hand at beach bumming. Comments welcome. :D
Cacee

Comments

• HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    Hi Cacee,
    I like the composition and your idea here. I wish you hadn't cut of the front shadow, but it still works. Since there is nothing in the sky, you may want to crop it down to accent the forground more. It's really a sweet shot.

Thanks for sharing,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    What Chris said 15524779-Ti.gif

Very sweet clap.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • caceecacee Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    I like the composition and your idea here. I wish you hadn't cut of the front shadow, but it still works. Since there is nothing in the sky, you may want to crop it down to accent the forground more. It's really a sweet shot.

Thanks for sharing,
    Chris

Hi Chris, Thanks for the input, I cropped in PS, I haven't quiet mastered it yet. I can't seem to crop exactly what I want to. I cropped some sky, and beach behind them. Josh's shadow I didn't even notice when I snapped the shot. It was just a moment, not a planned shot. I would appreciate any help with the cropping, if you or anyone can help. Thanks again for the suggestions :D
    Cacee
    edited June 14, 2005
    Nir wrote:
    What Chris said 15524779-Ti.gif

Very sweet clap.gif
    Thanks Nir, I am glad you took the time to check it out. :D
    Cacee
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 14, 2005
    Very nice Cace thumb.gifthumb.gif

As mentioned the composition is good and would be improved by cropping out some of the sky. Bringing the farthest child into the upper right "third" If you missed the shadow on the closest child, oh well, maybe next time....lol But, if you just mis-cropped it, you can re-crop it clap.gif

Thanks for sharing and good to see some pics from Biloxi (spent the longest year of my life there in '69 and '70 eek7.gif ) Did they ever rebuild any of those Gulf front hotels?

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 14, 2005
    this is really nice. I agree about the cropped shadow but not the sky... there's a balance to this that I like (IMHO)

This shot reminds me of something I can't quite put my finger on... sure is nice. thumb.gif
  • Rufio220Rufio220 Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    nice
    i love it, totally unexpected. I love it, nice line and 3 and everything.thumb.gif
    ~Take it while it's there, cause tomorrow it will be gone~
    edited June 15, 2005
    Very nice Cace thumb.gifthumb.gif

As mentioned the composition is good and would be improved by cropping out some of the sky. Bringing the farthest child into the upper right "third" If you missed the shadow on the closest child, oh well, maybe next time....lol But, if you just mis-cropped it, you can re-crop it clap.gif

Thanks for sharing and good to see some pics from Biloxi (spent the longest year of my life there in '69 and '70 eek7.gif ) Did they ever rebuild any of those Gulf front hotels?

Steve
    Hi Steve, Thank you for your input, I tried your suggestion, and here is what I came up with, (if I did it right). As for Biloxi, yes they have rebuilt since the time you were there. Will try to take some shots the next time I'm over that way. :):
    Cacee
    edited June 15, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    this is really nice. I agree about the cropped shadow but not the sky... there's a balance to this that I like (IMHO)

This shot reminds me of something I can't quite put my finger on... sure is nice. thumb.gif
    Angelo, I tried Steve's suggestion, I like them both. I do hate that I didn't catch the full shadow, wasn't thinking about the photo, but thinking about the kids ... Laughing.gif If you remember what the shot reminds you of, let me know. Thank you for viewing my work, and for your comments. :D
    Cacee
    edited June 15, 2005
    Rufio220 wrote:
    i love it, totally unexpected. I love it, nice line and 3 and everything.thumb.gif
    Thank you Rufio, it was totally unexpected, no plans were made to go back along the scenic highway, we usually travel the interstate. The little ones were so amazed, I just started shooting, I got a few keepers. :D
    Cacee
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2005
    Hi Cacee
    I like this crop better. The original crop made me feel like I was veiwing the scene from a distance where this crop makes me part of the scene. Just my opinion.

Thanks for giving it a try,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister