Bug in the shutter. (HDR)

sixdaemonbagsixdaemonbag Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
edited June 2, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Shot this with a Nikon D50 and kit lens (18-55mm) Initially it was 9 exposures in thirds, but I ended up only using the 5 middle exposures to build the HDR. Processing was done in CS3.

The car's a '66 bug, and the location is the greenbelt behind our house. Getting it there was interesting in itself. The curbs in my neighborhood aren't sloped, and the car sits too low to drive up over them head-on. Fortunately, the common access areas (like greenbelts) have wheelchair curbing, and the sidewalks are juuuuuust wide enough for a lowered VW. :)

Anyhow, enjoy. CC is welcome, I know several things I'll change if I decide to re-shoot this some time in the future, but for now I'm content to let it lie.

550890508_VrZW2-L-1.jpg

Comments

• mud390mud390 Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    First off, very cool car! I've never done a HDR shot before, so consider that, however, being a car guy, I prefer to see cars in their element. On the street, dirt, etc as is appropriate. Also, the tree "growing" out of the roof is a little distracting to me, as is the abrupt change from green grass to sandy grassless ground. I like the lighting on the car the sun provided. Hopefully all that makes sense.

Kris
  • sixdaemonbagsixdaemonbag Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    mud390 wrote:
    First off, very cool car! I've never done a HDR shot before, so consider that, however, being a car guy, I prefer to see cars in their element. On the street, dirt, etc as is appropriate. Also, the tree "growing" out of the roof is a little distracting to me, as is the abrupt change from green grass to sandy grassless ground. I like the lighting on the car the sun provided. Hopefully all that makes sense.

Kris

The interesting tree hairdo was one of the things that I'm not particularly fond of either. I hadn't ever thought about it being on grass as an out of element pose, but they do a lot of shows on grass here so it could be environmental conditioning on my part. Food for thought!
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    Great looking bug, and a great title thumb.gif
    Randy