edited June 4, 2009 in People
First post to dgrin!!

552160027_8cX3D-L.jpg

552159756_aJjFv-L.jpg

552243612_RBxX2-L.jpg

Different Baby

514392384_GyLip-L.jpg

514392657_idRff-L.jpg

Any help or ideas to make baby photos better would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    This is just my opinion and everyone has one if you know what I mean. I think 1 is way tooooo close and soft. Makes it look as if it is still in the womb. The rest are just too close for me. They need more negatve space around them. Most of the color is good and the tones are nice however. 4 would be very nice with a little pull back.
  • blaser321blaser321 Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    like 1 love 4&5
    5D mark II, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8 L IS
    EF 2.0x II extender BG-E6
  • jheuserjheuser Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited June 3, 2009
    Well on the too close thing, being so young I never really had a chance to try for just the baby, the munchkins were always held.

That and I really like the close ups, but I do need to work on full length baby photos.
  • GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2009
    #5 is just toooo cute! love it!
  • dreamcometruedreamcometrue Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2009
    I absolutely love #5. Welcome to dgrin. You will learn so much here. Keep clicking and posting :D
    Artistic Design Photography LLC
    http://www.adesignphotography.com
  • Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Very good! I love the closeness of these shots, I think they're great as they are... Of course don't make it the only type of shot you get, but I think these are all great in and of themselves.
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Welcome to Dgin! you will learn alot here... here is my c/c since you asked for ways to improve... take it for what it's worth.... I do many babies so feel free to check out my site.....I am by no means the best but do alot of baby volume!

#1 I am definately not a fan of the processing but like the angle and facial expression

#2, love the eyes and the catchlights but the blur in the other areas bother me a bit and the angle gives the head a slightly odd shape.

I think # 3 is the best of the bunch, but is a little too centered for my taste.

#4, a little "up the nose" and a little dark for having a light blanket around and again a little centered. remember your rule of thirds.

#5 the crop is a little tight and the hand is cut off. With babies try to keep hands and feet intact when you can.
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!