Options

SOLD: 40GB Digibin for sale

luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
edited June 21, 2005 in Flea Market
I bought this last year when "all I had" was two 2GB CF cards. Since I had my 8GB this year I never needed to use the Digibin even once.

It has a car charger as well as an AC adapter. The case is sorta cheap but it protects the unit from the elements. I do not have the box, sorry.

The nice thing about the Digibin is that it sucks the CF cards dry in no time. I copied over 2GB in about 11 minutes. I had another type of unit like that that took almost 45 minutes to copy 2GB, and gave no clue as to how far along it was. This one gives percentages along the way and is very fast.

I paid $399 a year ago, but I see prices have come down a bit. Now it runs about $229-$249 from what I can see.

Hmmm, would $165 be asking too much? I will pay shipping. Add $5 if you wanna do Paypal. Also if you would rather trade anything, I'm open to suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    Hi Luckyrwe,
    Question, is the battery in the unit replaceable? Basically, can the rechargeable battery be easily removed and replaced if it goes dead?

Put me down as 'interested'....

Thanks,

Mongrel
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2005
    The battery is built in, it is not a bunch of AA batteries inside. I assume it can be replaced, I have seen extra batteries for sale, but have a screwdriver handy.

I just remembered that I did NOT use it last year on a big shoot, I used the other slower model, I got this one after I saw the speed difference, I think I only ever copied 6GB onto it. It is charging now.

It's nice that they chargwer says FOR DIGIBIN ONLY on it. With all these orphan AC adapters running around, this one has never gone astray!
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2005
    Digibin has been sold.
  • Options
    ChaseChase Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2005
    Damn, I was actually interested. :cry
    www.chase.smugmug.com
    I just press the button and the camera goes CLICK. :dunno
    Canon: gripped 20d and 30d, 10-22 3.5-4.5, 17-55 IS, 50mm f1.8, 70-200L IS, 85mm f1.8, 420ex
    sigma: 10-20 4-5.6 (for sale), 24-70 2.8 (for sale), 120-300 2.8
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2005
    Now you feel how I feel when Andy sells stuff!
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2005
    The guy who bought it said the battery died while copying his third 1GB card and now he cannot access the drive. Yes, that happens when you lose power while files are transfering! He does not want to reformat the drive, he just wants a refund since technology is apparently not his thing. I can put anyone in touch with him if interested.