Options

Core Technology Macro

HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
edited June 14, 2005 in Holy Macro
A little something that I whipped up tonight for the other forum challenge. I thought it might be nice to share it here for the macroholics. It's the memory core section of an Intel Pentium Pro shot with a Sony V3 and a reversed 50mm prime. The only PP was slight levels and USM for the resize. The colors are natural right from the camera and the shot is about 80% full frame (20% cropped).
44785670.jpg

It turned out better than anticipated:clap,
Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

Comments

• Options
    nzmacronzmacro Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    Interesting Chris. This looks darn sharp and the colours rock. thumb.gif I often shoot IC's through a microscope and it ain't that easy. Very nicely done here Chris. So did you get any vignetting with the V3 ???

All the best Chris, nice site here huh thumb.gif

Danny.
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    Hi Danny,
    nzmacro wrote:
    Interesting Chris. This looks darn sharp and the colours rock. thumb.gif I often shoot IC's through a microscope and it ain't that easy. Very nicely done here Chris. So did you get any vignetting with the V3 ???

All the best Chris, nice site here huh thumb.gif

Danny.
    The V3 with my 50mm prime reversed gets a slight vignetting. If I add closeup lenses, then I get about a 10% loss at full zoom, but that's with a +4 and +2 lens.

OK, I'm jealous...I want a microscope to use in photography. I'm going to try this with the Canon and the 100mm with tubes. The crop was just to get the classic thirds comp and to cut out the attaching wires (blown highlights).

And yes, I do prefer this site. I do miss what STF was, but don't miss what STF has become. I still participate in the STF challenges though as they are a lot of fun. It pushed me to create this, my first IC macro:D.

Thanks for the comment Danny,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister