Options

Some gymnastics shots (link)

ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
edited June 11, 2009 in Sports
Sorry for the link to the pics but this photos I shot for Grace Chiu and are on her website. All the photos under Monday June 1st, special presentations senior finals (TRI/DMT/TUM) are pictures I shot last Monday.
Man she must be one busy girl to do all this from hotels and on site...

Anyways the link....

http://www.graceclick.com/photos/09cdngym/

C&C would be loved on these.

I believe I spent the entire day at ISO 2000 and S/S 1/320-500. If I remember right I was generally at 1/400 though.

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,919 moderator
    edited June 11, 2009
    Hard to make comments unless the photo is in the post :D
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2009
    I tried to look at them, but I must say that her website does not do any of the pictures taken justice. I went through a bunch of pages from different dates and every time I clicked on a thumbnail the pic came up at 253% and was way over pixelated. Even when I zoomed to 100% they still looked really really pixelated. You should send her to SmugMug
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2009
    Well the shoot is done. Thanks for trying and I will be getting some of my shots up soon in my own galleries for easy posting.

I agree her website is pretty painful. I did talk to her briefly about smugmug though I don't expect her to change. The parents seem happy ordering from her site anyways, and that is what is most important. Of course they don't have any other options either.

Cute thing came up while working the booth.

A lady asked me about the settings we used to shoot the gymnastics. She apparently has a 40D and 70-200 f/2.8 but can't get decent gymnastics pictures. So talked to her a little about the settings used to get a shot. Most importantly I told her to get out of SPORTS mode on the camera.
    I just can't understand anybody spending $3000+ on a camera and not learning how to use it beyond the auto settings....
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2009
    sorry her website is just awful. The colors, the lay out, and worst of all the pictures are super low rez. I couldn't get past a few clicksheadscratch.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com