Black VW 2 dr... Custom

Bayer-Z28Bayer-Z28 Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
edited June 5, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I've actually gotten a lot of compliments on these pics from the VW guys out in Vegas. One wants me to shoot his car soon.. :wink

Shooting a black car is quite the challenge, especially when it was 95* out at about 11 am and I was laying on what felt like 120*+ pavement for a couple shots.

dsc0113copyo.jpg

dsc0147copyc.jpg

This one needed a lot of work.. it was WAAAAYY too blue (even w/ the correct WB) Trying to get the tail light back to an original smoked red was hard.
dsc0125copy.jpg

I'm still not 100% happy with this one.. I needed a different angle, but I couldn't remember what exactly it was at the time.
dsc0134copy.jpg

dsc0154copy.jpg
Auto enthusiast. I drive a 2000 Camaro Z28. LOADED w/ mods.

Camera: Nikon D80, 18-55 f3.5 stocker & 18-200 Nikon VR.... with a small collection of filters..

My Smugmug.. STILL Under construction.
http://bayer-Z28.smugmug.com

Comments

• JermbubbaJermbubba Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2009
    neat shots! I only wish there was at least one that showed more of what the car looked like completely revealed. The detailed shots are great but it be nice to see the car as a whole.
  • cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2009
    Needs more car(any less abstract ones to add?)..... Im not a fan of stretched tires(has nothing to do with your photography) I have a few shots of a similar car with a 1.8T 20V with a T3/T4 very quick!
  • sixdaemonbagsixdaemonbag Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited June 3, 2009
    I dig them, but I too would like to see more of the whole car. I don't think I've ever seen a water pumper running Fuchs, and those look to be 7's and 8 to boot.
  • Bayer-Z28Bayer-Z28 Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2009
    cj99si wrote:
    Needs more car(any less abstract ones to add?)..... Im not a fan of stretched tires(has nothing to do with your photography) I have a few shots of a similar car with a 1.8T 20V with a T3/T4 very quick!

That's what is was........... I knew there was something wrong but I couldn't put my finger on it..

I have one or two more. It was hard to do a whole car reveal, it was so shiny that it would be basically taking shots of a mirror..

dsc0124copy.jpg

dsc0131xop.jpg
    Auto enthusiast. I drive a 2000 Camaro Z28. LOADED w/ mods.

Camera: Nikon D80, 18-55 f3.5 stocker & 18-200 Nikon VR.... with a small collection of filters..

My Smugmug.. STILL Under construction.
    http://bayer-Z28.smugmug.com
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    Bayer-Z28 wrote:
    I've actually gotten a lot of compliments on these pics from the VW guys out in Vegas. One wants me to shoot his car soon.. mwink.gif

Shooting a black car is quite the challenge, especially when it was 95* out at about 11 am and I was laying on what felt like 120*+ pavement for a couple shots.

This one needed a lot of work.. it was WAAAAYY too blue (even w/ the correct WB) Trying to get the tail light back to an original smoked red was hard.

I'm still not 100% happy with this one.. I needed a different angle, but I couldn't remember what exactly it was at the time.

I prefer images #3 + #4. out of this series.
    Search the forum for other shots of cars, there are quite a few folks who are into photographing cars in a very big way.

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin