Advocates Close

Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
edited June 5, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This is a spur of the moment shot I got while walking up and down the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. It is looking down one of the closes.

551190755_PMD3r-L.jpg

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2009
    Howdy Heather,

Neat shot, I really like the perspective and seeing the view through the Close.

I had never heard the word before until our trip to Scotland.

Did you have the opportunity to go down into Mary King's Close? That was one scary place but a wonderful view into the way things were in Early Edinburgh history.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    Raina.Rae wrote:
    This is a spur of the moment shot I got while walking up and down the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. It is looking down one of the closes.

That's quite a view through the arch.
    I've never been to Edinburgh, you would have had such wonderful photo opportunities .... Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    There were a ton of photo opertunities. I would like to go back and do a little more exploring. I did go underground in Mary Kings Close, I was kind of dissapointed I couldn't take pictures down there but I understand why I couldn't, flash ruins artifacts.