Modeling for fun

HurmeHurme Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited June 4, 2009 in People
Learned something new few days back when I took these photos of these friends. It was first time I was using any sort of light modifier (reflector or flash) outside in sun light. I either need bigger and brighter reflector or I'll need to shade the models with some sort of diffuser so I can actually balance the light. One flash was also doing nothing unless it was literally with in two meters of the models, even on full power.

Shots on the dock were lit with reflector and the trees shadow was lit with a flash. Keeping the reflectors light on model was surprisingly hard. I had the other girl hold the reflector or flash while the other posed.

Have to give them some credit, especially with the shots with the tree that was positively swarmed with ants. Lucky for me they both knew something about posing, so I learned a good bit about that as well.

552097998_ZuVZF-XL.jpg

551271866_YYdJm-XL.jpg

552131746_Riet4-XL.jpg

552124435_K3R2t-XL.jpg

Photo shoot included mucho ice cream, good fun all around.

Comments

• happysmileyladyhappysmileylady Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2009
    I really like 2, other than being chopped at the ankle.
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    I like 1 and 2, although the tree shots aren't bad. Looks like you handled the lighting well. Gorgeous models.

Caroline
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    for what it's worth, i learned a ton about using reflectors at a mini-workshop i took locally. we had a 'sunlight' reflector (as opposed to pure white) and when you used that to throw light on the darker side of the face/body it made all the difference in the world. it really took the shots from 'nice' to 'professional-looking'.

we usually had another photographer or model holding the reflector, and they generally were fairly close. i wonder if you could take your friends out again, pick up a cheap sunlight reflector for $35 if you don't already have one, and use one model to hold the reflector just outside of the frame while you shoot away. then if you decide it's something you like, you can, of course, invest in much more expensive reflectors ;)

oh yeah, and i think the last one has a lot of potential. i wonder what some creative PP would do for it.... i'm thinking about seeing whether you could work on it to make it have the same feeling as some hdr photos (e.g., http://www.joeyl.com/)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!