DSS #27 - Getting close to final draft

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited June 3, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK... so you all like the latest Fortnight Lilly and you like composition #4 from the last post (picture below). You suggested to boost the sharpness to get more details out of the flower. I used Unsharp Mask for to increase both sharpnes and contrast. Hopefully this is the level of detail you guys were looking for.

Previous version:

554180759_at8A3-L.jpg

Sharpened New Version:

554182018_yeGUE-L.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2009
    I like the first of the two most recent versions.

In the second, some of the increased detail begins to look like flaws in the flower.

On that subject, if it were my photo, I would touch up the flaws on the left edge of the top petal. But that is just me.

It is a beautiful image and I think it is much stronger cropped to exclude part of the flower.

Virginia

Email
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2009
    Looking good Cuban... I think the sharpness is just right now..

I like all of the specks and texture it brought out.. however.. I am still on the fence on that top petal... I am thinking to myself the blowout white there works well to show off the black stamen..but then I am thinking to myself, is it distracting? I can't make up my mind.. perhaps others might chime in on that?

I agree with Virginia that the composition is "super" and I love it.. I also really like the way that petal on the left side curls in... fantastic..

The only foreseeable way I can see to reduce some of the blowout is to clone the gray stripes in just a tad... not all the way in, but maybe some to reduce the super white flash.. (( but then again, perhaps the flash works)) ? I can't make up my mind... either way you can't get rid of it with levels or curves because it will reduce the gorgeous white everywhere else... hopefully others will step up and give their opinions on it...

Looking real good..thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

Kat