WV State Capitol

photojphotoj Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
edited June 5, 2009 in Landscapes
I work on the West Virginia State Capitol Complex the image below was found this week on my way to lunch. My co-worker thought I was nuts. Poor Tim, from his point of view I must have looked strange. One moment we were walking along and then I stopped and started looking up, then i started moving around a little. He finaly asked me what I was looking at and all he got was a picture.

After the day was over I took the camera and made the image. It worked out the way I had imagined it too. :D

For thoes of you who are interested this was shot on the back side of the building, near one of the smaller entrances. We use that door to go tot he cafeteria for lunch from time to time. I must have walked past this image literaly dozens of times. Hope you enjoy it CC welcome.
554194097_GFi2R-M.jpg

You can find it here in my portfolio section. There are other images of the capitol and its ground in another gallery on my site for anyone who want to see more.
"Make it don't take it!"

Jason

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Nice perspective. The b&w really captures the mood here. I only have two minor nits: 1) The lower left corner is a bit too dark and I can't see any detail at all there. Just a little detail would have been nice, I think. 2) Sometimes vignetting can be a real plus for an image, but here I think it hurts more than it helps. Again, these are minor points. Overall, I like the shot! :)
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Cool pic- very dramatic lighting and perspective. I find the vignetting at the top distracting. I'm not too bothered by the darkness at the bottom. I like the flare in this shot.

Caroline
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    I've taken a slew of photos here but this perspective and the b&w is excellant! I am not too fond of the vignetting but this is still great!!!!!
  • photojphotoj Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Thanks
    I agree with the vinetting isse, just didn't notice it the other night. I will rework it, unfortunatly it is an actual lens issue not somthing I added in post. The lower left is a bit dark I can lighten that as well.

I should have it reworked by tomorrow night. Right now Im off to bed.
    "Make it don't take it!"

Jason
  • photojphotoj Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    photoj wrote:
    I agree with the vinetting isse, just didn't notice it the other night. I will rework it, unfortunatly it is an actual lens issue not somthing I added in post. The lower left is a bit dark I can lighten that as well.

I should have it reworked by tomorrow night. Right now Im off to bed.
    I decided to fix it tonight after all, let me know what you think.
    555006053_3XJwi-M.jpg
    "Make it don't take it!"

Jason
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    The rework looks great! Nicely done. thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    Hi Susan I love this shot. Everyone has said it already, but you have the drama in the light and the perspective. The flare is a nice touch, too thumb.gif