Options

FS: Epson 3800 Pro Professional Edition $600

CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
edited June 3, 2009 in The Kitchen Sink
Hi,

I have an 18 month old Epson 3800 Pro Professional Edition (that's the one with the RIP software, which I can provide) for sale.

It's lightly used -- too lightly, which is why I'm selling it. Really, you probably want to run 10-50 prints/month through it to keep it from drying up and requiring extensive cleaning cycles.

Price is cheap because while it's in excellent shape, it has an issue with an "Error 150C" dialog that pops up and requires the printer be restarted on occasion. It's never hurt a print, but it really should go to an Epson service center to get resolved. I don't know what the cost to fix this is -- the Epson folks said it was a communications issue to a daughercard and as it happened at 12 1/2 months it was out of warranty. I've not bothered to haul it to Santa Clara for this.

Other than that, the printer has about 40% capacity on the original cartridges and printed great the last time I used it, which was a few weeks ago.

I'm in the SF Bay Area (peninsula), and this thing is huge so I won't ship (Okay, I will ship, but that adds $500 non-negotiable to the cost :wink ).