Photo Shoot from last weekend.

Coleman PhotographyColeman Photography Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited June 5, 2009 in People
I had a photoshoot last weekend, it was very last min. Lighting conditions were not the best be did what i could. tell me what ya think.

DSC_0025copy.jpg

DSC_0034copy.jpg

DSC_0039copy.jpg

DSC_0063copy.jpg

Comments

• happysmileyladyhappysmileylady Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2009
    I really like the second one
  • Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    I think the shots are really nice, great expressions and looks like you nailed the focus on the eyes. They all look a bit underexposed to me, however. If you brough up the exposure a bit and did a curves adjustment I think they would look great. Should be a one minute fix, tops.
    edited June 4, 2009
    Well, I'm bored so I did a quick edit to your first photo to show you what I meant. I just opened it in PS, added an exposure adjustment layer (upped exposure by +1.00 stops) and then a curves adjustment layer where I basically just upped the highlights a bit and pulled the shadows back down to where they were. Took me literally less than two minutes, including saving the file. Hope you don't mind (I'm usually not a big fan of unsolicited edits of other people's images... if you want me to take it down just say the word).

554338432_eZgcD-L.jpg
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    What an adorable little girl. Looks like she was very relaxed and having fun with you. Great expressions. I think the B&W conversion with selective color turn out great. I love her solemn expression as well. Great job in capturing the true personality of your model. Exposure are off. I cannot see the picture Tim edited to see what difference it made but I am sure they can be enhanced to improve the quality.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Great expressions and posing...beautiful little girl!!! Love the catchlights you were able to get! I do agree they are underexposed....unless she is just very tan? but as you know there are many ways to fix that! and you will end up with some stellar photos!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited June 4, 2009
    Perhaps its just me, in #2 her head looks....um, odd, larger than it should be...ne_nau.gif

The rest of them are great. The young lady is a natural. IMHO she has a future in modeling.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    I think they are nice shots, with great expression. Why not brighten them up a bit?

Sam
  • roygradyroygrady Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited June 4, 2009
    I agree, brightening it up a bit will really make it pop.
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Sam wrote:
    I think they are nice shots, with great expression. Why not brighten them up a bit?

Sam

Great job Sam! Exactly what I was thinking when I made my post! Huge difference!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Here's another vote for increasing exposure! These are great shots of a beautiful little girl. Her personality shines.

Caroline
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    I agree with everyone about the exposure.
    But i really like the photos...I love the blonde hair and she has gorgeous eyes...great job making them stand out!
    edited June 4, 2009
    Apparently I was foiled by my private gallery. My edit looked pretty much just like Sam's though, so I won't bother posting it again.
  • Coleman PhotographyColeman Photography Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Thanks everyone and i thought they were a little underexposed also, one reason was i did a little skin tan of her and that i believe caused it. i re-did them and came out looking great took about 10 min tops to do all. and yes she was awesome to sh0ot. loved posing. Not tl many 3 year olds are that easy.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    tell me what ya think.

Like others have said: I think with a little work, these will be great!

DSC_0025copy.jpg555261363_22oKg-L.jpg
    Randy
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    Great Shots!bowdown.gif

My only nit would be to crop the fingers out in #3.

Take Care,
    Chuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    These are really, really cute!
  • JcasJcas Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited June 5, 2009
    Just adorable, actually i didn't mind the softer look. Lovely pics of a gorgeous child.
  • CAPTURED2HCAPTURED2H Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    The touch up really helps your shots but her folks are going to have their handful :D she is comfortable modeling at a young age thumb.gif