Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye
Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM
Canon Extender EF 2x II
Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
3 - Canon Speedlite 430EX II
3 - PocketWizard Flex TT5
1 - PocketWizard Mini TT1
3 - LumiQuest LUSBQ SoftBox for Shoe-Mount Flashes (these will fold flat)
Chargers/extra batteries/CF cards/lens filters, other small items

Comments

• Bayer-Z28Bayer-Z28 Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    oh, that is secksee!! :D
    Auto enthusiast. I drive a 2000 Camaro Z28. LOADED w/ mods.

Camera: Nikon D80, 18-55 f3.5 stocker & 18-200 Nikon VR.... with a small collection of filters..

My Smugmug.. STILL Under construction.
    http://bayer-Z28.smugmug.com
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited June 4, 2009
    cchazer wrote:
    Obama made me buy these....& more on the way...............

Huh?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Bayer-Z28Bayer-Z28 Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    ^ He's been trying to make guns unreasonable to own.. He can't touch the gun ownership laws, so he's trying to raise the price of ammo to an astronomical level.. A box of cheap ammo for my Springfield XD .45 ACP is like $16 a box now.. The bad thing is, you can't shoot cheap ammo with that gun, it jams like crazy and it needs better ammo.. I know there was another aspect to it, but I can't remember what it was..
    Auto enthusiast. I drive a 2000 Camaro Z28. LOADED w/ mods.

Camera: Nikon D80, 18-55 f3.5 stocker & 18-200 Nikon VR.... with a small collection of filters..

My Smugmug.. STILL Under construction.
    http://bayer-Z28.smugmug.com
  • Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Bayer-Z28 wrote:
    ^ He's been trying to make guns unreasonable to own.. He can't touch the gun ownership laws, so he's trying to raise the price of ammo to an astronomical level.. A box of cheap ammo for my Springfield XD .45 ACP is like $16 a box now.. The bad thing is, you can't shoot cheap ammo with that gun, it jams like crazy and it needs better ammo.. I know there was another aspect to it, but I can't remember what it was..

Obama hasn't raised the price of ammo. The price has gone up primarily because there are millions of gun owners around the country who are terrified that he's going to single handedly strike the Second Amendment from the constitution. These people decided that the best thing they could do was to stockpile ammo while it was still available...

Increased demand + constant supply = increased price.

YOU have made ammunition more expensive for yourself! Unfortunately, you've also made it more expensive for me. Thanks a lot!
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited June 4, 2009
    OK, my bad. I shouldn't have asked the question at all. How about we keep this photography related from here on.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • lightdrunklightdrunk Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    David_S85 wrote:
    OK, my bad. I shouldn't have asked the question at all. How about we keep this photography related from here on.

You've been listening to too many right wing nuts. Nobody's going to take your guns away. Calm down. By the way, this is a photography website.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    A lot going on in that first image. I would focus to one subject. There are a couple hot spots too, on the magazine on the rifle is one. I would remove the two hand guns and maybe just focus on the rifle.

The second is a bit underexposed and a little boring. Just a bunch of hudreds. There has to be something more interesting you can do with that much money than what is pictured. I would try getting in a bit tighter on the money for one.

Not bad though overall.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Love it, love it, love it! :ivar

Teach your children well . . .

550386475_S7Aib-L.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

420688112_uA6ux-L.jpg
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    Keep it ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY Please
    Folks, please keep this photography based.

This is not the place to air your political views, this is a forum about Photography so lets keep it that way thank you :D

...... Skippy

Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    Folks, please keep this photography based.

This is not the place to air your political views, this is a forum about Photography so lets keep it that way thank you :D

...... Skippy

Sorry, Skippy. I got carried away. But at least my response had PHOTOGRAPHS. :whew
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    Fixed it for you... :D
    The second is a bit underexposed and a little boring. Just four hundreds.

j/k and ribbing the OP a little bit, I love the guns and money theme though! thumb.gif

Here's a few I'll add...

395365415_RfLrB-S.jpg277604532_gnJzB-S-1.jpg
    277605359_bUEp7-S-1.jpg395366994_smwbd-S.jpg

277569264_bxbng-S-1.jpg277608310_zQjBd-S-1.jpg
    John in Georgia
    Nikon | Private Photojournalist
  • MilanMilan Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2009
    cchazer, I like the first shot. It's busy but it works for me. Good subject and composition. thumb.gif
    edited June 7, 2009
    This is a photograph:

468609830_4yS3f-L-2.jpg

I'd take some photos of money but I don't have any...
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2009
    Tim...

Two words: BAD ASS! That is what came to mind when I saw that photo. Absolutely awesome. Makes me want to go buy a gun just to take a self-portrait like that!! clap.gifclap.gif

Can you give some details on how you shot that? Lens, focal length, etc.

My Smug Site
    edited June 7, 2009
    This is a photograph:

468609830_4yS3f-L-2.jpg

I'd take some photos of money but I don't have any...

That pic was so awesome that I was inspired to take some tonight myself - very cool!!!

Got my wife to pose for a few seconds with her Browning 9mm Hi-Power:

557604725_YLLhy-L.jpg

Got some ideas for some more... thanks for the inspiration - great pic!
    John in Georgia
    edited June 8, 2009
    Tim...

Two words: BAD ASS! That is what came to mind when I saw that photo. Absolutely awesome. Makes me want to go buy a gun just to take a self-portrait like that!! clap.gifclap.gif

Can you give some details on how you shot that? Lens, focal length, etc.

Heh, thanks. It was shot with an 18-200 VR at 18mm, f/22 in order to get maximum depth of field. The barrel of the gun was literally about 1cm away from the front element of the lens, which is why it's not actually in focus as you can see. The light was an SB-600 a couple feet to the left of me (pretty obvious I guess) fired with ebay triggers. That was it initially but it left the front of the barrel completely black so I set up an 8 inch round mirror to reflect some light back from the flash onto the end of the barrel. I took at least 200 shots trying to get it right... that's what I hate about self portraits, not being able to look through the viewfinder and having to guess about your composition and pose. Post work was mainly some high pass to sharpen and increase contrast and then a black and white conversion. Glad you like it!
    edited June 8, 2009
    Heh, thanks. It was shot with an 18-200 VR at 18mm, f/22 in order to get maximum depth of field. The barrel of the gun was literally about 1cm away from the front element of the lens, which is why it's not actually in focus as you can see. The light was an SB-600 a couple feet to the left of me (pretty obvious I guess) fired with ebay triggers. That was it initially but it left the front of the barrel completely black so I set up an 8 inch round mirror to reflect some light back from the flash onto the end of the barrel. I took at least 200 shots trying to get it right... that's what I hate about self portraits, not being able to look through the viewfinder and having to guess about your composition and pose. Post work was mainly some high pass to sharpen and increase contrast and then a black and white conversion. Glad you like it!

Very cool. Pretty simple setup but such a great image. I second the self-portrait issues... it's complete trial and error... actually, more shotgun process... shot a ton of shots and eventually you will get the one you want.

My Smug Site
  • anvilimageanvilimage Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Sorry to threadjack, but...

I'm itching to try the self portrait, too, and I'm thinking about shooting tethered to my laptop to help with composition. I know laptops can throw quite a bit of light, but do you think that it would affect the lighting too much?

To be back on topic, I'll probably be using a sweet AR like the one in the first pic and I like how the OP included the ammo although it is a bit too random for me and makes my eyes hunt around...

-joe
    Joe Ercoli
    My Photo Blog - www.anvilimage.com
    My Smugmug Gallery
    edited June 8, 2009
    anvilimage wrote:
    Sorry to threadjack, but...

I'm itching to try the self portrait, too, and I'm thinking about shooting tethered to my laptop to help with composition. I know laptops can throw quite a bit of light, but do you think that it would affect the lighting too much?

To be back on topic, I'll probably be using a sweet AR like the one in the first pic and I like how the OP included the ammo although it is a bit too random for me and makes my eyes hunt around...

-joe

If you're lighting it with flash, just keep your camera at the max sync speed (probably somewhere around 1/200-1/320 depending on your camera) and as long as the laptop isn't actually in the frame you shouldn't have any problems. It looks bright to our eyes but it's really nothing compared to the brightness of a speedlight.
    edited June 8, 2009

Good deal, thanks for the details - that gives me some ideas for sure. I shot the one of my wife above with a 17-50mm at f10, but will ramp up the fstop later this week for some more tries.

Very cool ideas.... thumb.gifthumb.gif
    John in Georgia
  • David L. MegaheyDavid L. Megahey Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    I kept the "hole" in focus, cuz I think that would be center of focal-point of someone on that end things.
    :scratch When in doubt....SHOOT IT!!!