Back Away from the Flower !!!

NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
edited June 6, 2009 in Holy Macro
The wild prickly roses are blooming in the woods around home. Went out to take a few shots as I do every spring when I encountered this guy. He didn't give an inch.

I'm no bug guy so have no idea what it is other than a creepy albino looking spider :dunno

113352391.jpg
Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...

Comments

• HowitzerHowitzer Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    kind of funny i just took a picture of the same spider.. in the thread "taboo rose and friend". he was just as aggressive.. always faced the camera like a good model.
    http://3dogphotos.smugmug.com

Equipment: a whole bunch of black cylinders full of polished glass that cost way to much that I just had to have...
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    I gather they must be partial to roses ne_nau.gif He looks like a pale Yosemite Sam. Arachnidae yosemitae samae ? headscratch.gif From what I gather I guess this is a crab spider.
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    Good one - it's a flower crab spider as Dan says. They do go into this wonderful threat pose rather than backing off. They also try to match the colour of the flower - they can do all over white or yellow, but pink is a bit tricky apart from some little patches.

Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    The wild prickly roses are blooming in the woods around home. Went out to take a few shots as I do every spring when I encountered this guy. He didn't give an inch.

I'm no bug guy so have no idea what it is other than a creepy albino looking spider ne_nau.gif

This Crab Spider looks like it just wants to reach out and give ya a big hug rolleyes1.gif Can ya feel the love? hehehe!

Great capture, nice and sharp too clap.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin