Options

several topics all in one thread

tjk60tjk60 Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
edited June 8, 2009 in Sports
<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Interesting game last night, little of this, little of that, tight at the end. My son's team in red, entered the game 2-9 on the year, against the perennial champs, and presently 11-0.

I was so happy they set up a studio for me:

1)
554592681_aWgTv-XL.jpg

554592701_XciTv-XL.jpg

554592743_XXeHZ-XL.jpg

4 My son hit a rocket to the deepest part of the field for an ISTP home run:
554592728_FVgCg-XL.jpg

5) and reached in the 4th on a bloop Texas leaguer to right, then stole 2nd 3rd, and tried home... Safe or out?
554592664_oYPhr-XL.jpg

6) Safe..... to tie the game 4-4.
554592691_Ma9b9-XL.jpg

7 Then they were called safe at second (hmmm)
554592731_hNTto-XL.jpg

8) and pulled ahead. 7-4. We fought back in bottom of the 7th to tighten it to 7-6:
554592713_xkUic-XL.jpg

9... Only to have it end with the catchers throw to 2nd for the PO, 8-7-6-2-4 frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif
554592721_HHCKM-XL.jpg

All in all a good game, my son was 3-3 with 4 steaks (rbi) 5 steals, 3 runs scored, figuring in all the runs. He also had 2 great catches (one laid out dive in deep right foul territory, one in fair shallow right from 2nd base), and had 2 DPs, one unassisted!

Told him: Next time do it in a win, people remember it longer! wink.gifwink.gifwink.gifcool.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
Tim
Troy, MI

D700/200, SB800(4), 70-200, 300 2.8 and a few more

www.sportsshooter.com/tjk60

Comments

• Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    These are very nice photos.
    Lots of pop, good subjects photographed with good timing.
    Very well done.
  • Options
    squiddysquiddy Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    The blue background is nice, it makes the background less distracting! thumb.gif
  • Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Nice job Tim. I really like some of the facial expressions on the batting shots.

Tough luck on the loss - but at least they made a good game of it against the favorite thumb.gif

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2009
    zoomer, squiddy, colleen, thx for looking....
    Tim
    Troy, MI

• Options
    shphotosshphotos Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    Great photos. I just can't get over the beautiful blue tarp in the background. In Seattle, the tarps are usually over the dugout, keeping rain off of the players, and the parents and their umbrellas are in "my" background. Anyway, #7 is my favorite-crystal clear and great timing.
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2009
    shphotos wrote:
    Great photos. I just can't get over the beautiful blue tarp in the background. In Seattle, the tarps are usually over the dugout, keeping rain off of the players, and the parents and their umbrellas are in "my" background. Anyway, #7 is my favorite-crystal clear and great timing.

thanks, it's pretty rare to have a tarp background, this field is very different (both dugouts along first base is another).

Thx for the compliment!
    Tim
    Troy, MI

• Options
    ClaireJClaireJ Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    Great photos - I love the clarity of the colour.

Here I go showing my ignorance of the sport - is there any chance you could get shots where you can see the players from both team's faces?
    ClaireJ
    Northampton Saints - Images from the European Challenge Cup Champions 2009
    http://www.redhatphoto.com
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2009
    ClaireJ wrote:
    Great photos - I love the clarity of the colour.

Here I go showing my ignorance of the sport - is there any chance you could get shots where you can see the players from both team's faces?

Thx ClaireJ, There is very few chances to get faces from both teams, maybe when there is a runner on base. I tend to shoot for one team or the other, so I just concentrate on getting those pics....
    Tim
    Troy, MI

• Options
    Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2009
    Hey Tim,

These really pop. Really like the timing on #7 (by the way thanks for your chide on commenting).

If you are shooting raw, what are you using for your raw converter? I love LR but Capture NX (trial version) gets to a better photo faster. I'm wrestling with how to integrate the two...
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • Options
    edited June 8, 2009
    Mike J wrote:
    Hey Tim,

These really pop. Really like the timing on #7 (by the way thanks for your chide on commenting).

If you are shooting raw, what are you using for your raw converter? I love LR but Capture NX (trial version) gets to a better photo faster. I'm wrestling with how to integrate the two...

I'll argue the better photo faster than LR for 100s of photos.

I use LR when I shoot raw (although I have NX2) but for outdoors? jpg all the way....

Thx for looking!
    Tim
    Troy, MI