DSS#27 Concept

bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
edited June 4, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
So here was something I was thinking about this morning. Keep in mind that this definitely isn't the photo or perspective that I would use. This is just a concept shot mainly for detail and conversion. What I would like everybody's opinion on is:

1. Is there enough "detail" to captivate?

2. How is the conversion?

Title: (something like)... The Intricacies of Telling Time

554811131_CF6de-L.jpg

The idea I'm really betting on is something else, but I'm waiting for the right conditions. Won't say yet because I cannot believe someone hasn't thought of it. But this might be a 2nd or 3rd backup.

Comments

• ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Cool photo. Talk to me about how it fits the theme. The theme is pretty broad. Singular or pleural covers, well, everything. But I think this makes the theme more difficult.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Hi Brian,

Cool image, but I am too having a hard time seeing how it fits the theme.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Gears? Minutes? headscratch.gif
  • bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Maybe a better title would be "The Many Parts of Telling Time".
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    oh Brian.. what a super idea..!!!

That is gonna be awesome.. especially when you shoot it at the right angle.. Can't wait to see that.. your gonna raise the bar high when your done here....

The only thing is the "Theme" oh man.....................................
    hmmmmmmmmmmm....

How about the gears... there are "many gears" and that will be apparent when you shoot it from above..

something gears. minutes,......parts is good too....

let me think on the name thing and will get back with ya on some ideas if I can think of some.. I think you should shoot for it.. if you can nail the title then this more than qualifies and it is gonna look awesome..thumb.gif

Kat
    edited June 4, 2009
    what angle are you gonna shoot it at? I instantly assumed above.. but then thought about it...headscratch.gif

what kind of clock is it? is this a wrist watch or a mantel clock?headscratch.gif

oh yeah and what is your other idea? I just noticed you wrote that at the bottom of your post..sorry.. got too excited about the picture...clap.gif

Kat
  • bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    It's a marine chronometer. I am going to shoot it at an angle so that you can see the internal parts and part of the clock face at the same time. Still working on the angle I like.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    I think it is an excellent idea and the black and white conversion is beautiful.

Can't wait to see how changing the angle works out.

Virginia

Email
    edited June 4, 2009
    Uggg
    I wanted to send you a PM of an idea I had but it wont let me.. you have that disabled...
  • nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Yeah, capturing it from the right angle can make a world of difference. I look forward to seeing how it will turn out.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer