lensbaby macros

catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
edited June 5, 2009 in Holy Macro
Perhaps just 'close ups' but I stacked all three lensbaby macro lenses to get this close, stuck in the f/8 aperture ring and had at it. These are the results, enjoy!

554830311_jVzQ7-M.jpg

554829388_8UYfi-M.jpg

554829522_8hYbA-M.jpg

554830562_HoyW5-M.jpg

554830047_tBqmt-M.jpg
//Leah

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    Some nice colours- have to admit I'm not a fan of lens-babies though.
    Brian V.
  • catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    Some nice colours- have to admit I'm not a fan of lens-babies though.
    Brian V.

Thank you. I am quite pleased with how a $150 lens can perform at times. As for the 'fandom' .... well, I had no clue until I worked on educating myself. First online photo class, which I despise on concept alone. Aren't I the nice person.

any how, there's enough 'artist' in me to really enjoy the loose freedom of the Muse lensbaby and play with it when I find myself getting stuck in other ways. It's not for everyone and there's more bad lensbaby photos out there than good ones, but hey, it's got it's following too :)

me? I'm not a bug person but I can still appreciate the photographic talents needed. rolleyes1.gif and ability to WANT to get that close to said bugger.
    //Leah
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    catspaw wrote:
    Thank you. I am quite pleased with how a $150 lens can perform at times. As for the 'fandom' .... well, I had no clue until I worked on educating myself. First online photo class, which I despise on concept alone. Aren't I the nice person.

any how, there's enough 'artist' in me to really enjoy the loose freedom of the Muse lensbaby and play with it when I find myself getting stuck in other ways. It's not for everyone and there's more bad lensbaby photos out there than good ones, but hey, it's got it's following too :)

me? I'm not a bug person but I can still appreciate the photographic talents needed. rolleyes1.gif and ability to WANT to get that close to said bugger.

Agree with you- you should follow your own instincts/ preferences. I actually won one of these macro lensbaby sets in an on-line photo competition and have tried it out a couple of times but just can't get on with it. Must be because I'm a scientist :)

brian v.
  • catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    Agree with you- you should follow your own instincts/ preferences. I actually won one of these macro lensbaby sets in an on-line photo competition and have tried it out a couple of times but just can't get on with it. Must be because I'm a scientist :)

brian v.

Oh you poor thing! Should it burden you too much, you can just mail it to Utah :D
    //Leah