Options

Embed video on Facebook timeline?

BrianHBrianH Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
Is there a way to embed a smugmug video on facebook where you can watch it directly in the timeline.

like it does with youtube videos?

Comments

• Options
    NicciNicci Registered Users Posts: 436 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2011
    According to Facebook:
    I want videos shared from my website to play inline like You Tube videos. What do I need to do?
    To embed your SWF files in Facebook, you first need to add meta tags t...
    To embed your SWF files in Facebook, you first need to add meta tags to the files. Additionally, your site needs to be whitelisted. Complete this form to apply for the whitelist. Please note that your site must abide by all of the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities on Facebook.
    Wondering if this is in the works....I see a couple of unanswered threads about this from the past couple of years. But it seems that SmugMug/Facbook integration has been taking some positive steps, so :::fingers crossed:::
  • Options
    scotticusscotticus Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2011
    Hey Tecnicole, we are definitely whitelisted. Let me try some videos and see why/if they're not embedding. Stay tuned...
    Tecnicole wrote: »
    According to Facebook:
    I want videos shared from my website to play inline like You Tube videos. What do I need to do?
    To embed your SWF files in Facebook, you first need to add meta tags t...
    To embed your SWF files in Facebook, you first need to add meta tags to the files. Additionally, your site needs to be whitelisted. Complete this form to apply for the whitelist. Please note that your site must abide by all of the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities on Facebook.
    Wondering if this is in the works....I see a couple of unanswered threads about this from the past couple of years. But it seems that SmugMug/Facbook integration has been taking some positive steps, so :::fingers crossed:::
  • Options
    HeavyJHeavyJ Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited March 31, 2011
    When I put a direct link to one of my videos on the Share part of my profile page, it gives a thumbnail of one of the many videos or photos in that gallery only.

What do I have to do in order to be able to copy and paste like Youtube so that people can click the play button and have it play right there on my profile page?
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2011
    I was just wondering if there was an update with this?
  • Options
    edited April 18, 2011
    Is there an update with this?

Or perhaps a certain procedure or link we need to use in order to make sure it embeds as a video in the Facebook timeline?

Thank you!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2011
    No update, sorry. You will know when FB allows us to do this. We will publish it on our release notes on http://news.smugmug.com
  • Options
    alphazoalphazo Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited April 21, 2011
    Is this linked to Facebook only or more generally the way Flash is handled? I get pretty much the same result (empty player) when using the bare URL of the Flash file on either Facebook (using Static iFrame application) or for exemple on a PhBB forum supporting embedded Flash animation.
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2012
    Hello!

It is now over a year, and I would just like to know if this is something that looks like it will be resolved, or if it is no longer something to be resolved.

(Or if it was resolved, and something is not working with my videos specifically)

ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    295th295th Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited July 20, 2013
    I agree. This would be nice. Seems if you offer video hosting, one should be able to share on Facebook, of all places. Is this too much to ask of loyal, long-time paying customers?
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2013
    Wow. I haven't kept up with this, but is this really not working yet?? I guess by the time it will be working, no one will be using Facebook anymore. headscratch.gif