Fremantle Lightning

mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
edited June 8, 2009 in Landscapes
We don't get alot of storms here, this one never really crossed the coast anywhere near me, but I still managed a few decent captures.

552416910_3YKkt-XL.jpg

The next two are a few strikes combined into 2 photo's.

552416614_fJJDk-XL.jpg

552416843_R3Y3F-XL.jpg

Cheers for taking a look, fingers crossed next time it'll get a little closer:D
May I take your picture?

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    mushy wrote:
    We don't get alot of storms here, this one never really crossed the coast anywhere near me, but I still managed a few decent captures.

Cheers for taking a look, fingers crossed next time it'll get a little closer:D

Be careful what you wish for. Let's hope it's not too close:D These are really very nice captures. thumb.gifthumb

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Be careful what you wish for. Let's hope it's not too close:D These are really very nice captures. thumb.gifthumb

Was thinking exactly the same straight after I wrote it :D
    May I take your picture?
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    Nice shots. Nice gear. But... you got a stray brush mark on the 3rd in the sky 3/4 way to the right.

Good to see both stuff from the 40D and Fremantle, thanks!
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    I love a good thunderstorm, but it also scares the heck out of me if I'm out in the open. You captured a great series here and I really like the pano format.
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • vegasdesertfoxvegasdesertfox Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    Howdy Mushy,
    Thanks for sharin'! Great stuff!
    Dusty Trails Between Weather Fronts, VDF
    Got Tent Will Camp(WJ)
    http://vegasdesertfox.smumug.com
    edited June 7, 2009
    Howdy Mushy,
    Thanks for sharin'! Great stuff!

Thanks all for the comments, I love being out in a thunder storm where you can really feel the power of mother nature.
    Neill the stray brush mark is just a light reflection on the lens, I had plenty of them when I tried facing the camera in a different direction. Could have healed it up a little though in post.

Cheers again thumb.gif
    May I take your picture?
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    I like the third one. I especially liked the cloud formation around the center of the photo. If that formation was a tad lighter, you could have named it the attack of the giant jellyfish. Cause that's what it sorta looks like, to me anyways. Maybe I'm seeing things too, after all it's way past my bed time. :D

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    These are so gorgeous. Storm shots can be so hard to get but you did a really nice job. You can really see the cloud shapes through the lightning. Thanks for the view! thumb.gif
    edited June 8, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    These are so gorgeous. Storm shots can be so hard to get but you did a really nice job. You can really see the cloud shapes through the lightning. Thanks for the view! thumb.gif

Cheers Schmoo, Brophoto, I love a good storm whether I'm taking photo's or on the couch rugged up with a glass of red just listening to it thumb.gif.
    May I take your picture?