Axe a question

TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
edited June 5, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I wanted to find out what that thing is that this guy had slung over his shoulder, but he was not approachable.

bikeLR.jpg
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/

Comments

• thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    TonyCooper wrote:
    I wanted to find out what that thing is that this guy had slung over his shoulder, but he was not approachable.

You mean the guitar? Or what type of guitar?
    Travis
    edited June 5, 2009
    I guess I should read better... "Axe" a question... rolleyes1.gif

From the look of the headstock I'd say it's a Kleven. You can see an example here.
    Travis
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    thoth wrote:
    I guess I should read better... "Axe" a question... rolleyes1.gif

From the look of the headstock I'd say it's a Kleven. You can see an example here.

I knew it was a guitar or at least guitar-shaped. The four things that look like batteries in the view baffle me. I've never seen a battery-powered guitar.

Also, normally I would think that a person would carry a guitar with the strings outward. The way he's got it strapped on might damage the instrument because the strings are raised from the neck.

I have a hunch that this is more a piece of art than it is a working guitar.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
    edited June 5, 2009
    Ah, I gotcha. Well the 4 battery-like things you're seeing on the back are actually called "pots." They are the workings behind the volume/tone/etc knobs on the front of the guitar.

I would agree that little consideration is being shown to the instrument. It wouldn't take much to break some strings carrying it in that fashion. But, like you said, perhaps he carries it just to carry it. ne_nau.gif
    Travis