P200 P vs M mode & EV's

g0tr00tg0tr00t Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited June 15, 2005 in Cameras
Ok, so I decided to get out of M mode and play with P mode. Here is my dilema, I decided to shoot in ISO 100 + flash. The camera set itself to 40/2.8.

Eh, no biggie, right. Well here is where it gets weird. I pushed the ISO to 400...no change....

Ok, so I pushed the EV to +2. Now its over exposed. Shouldn't ISO400 + EV+2= ISO 1600? I mean its 2 stops over. The camera should have pushed the shutter speed way up instead of blowing itself out. Correct?

Then in M mode, there is no EV....since you set S/A manually.

All I want to do is be able to set the ISO to 400, EV+2 then be allowed to select my own shutter/ap mode. I guess I may be asking too much for this P&S....:uhoh

Comments

• JesusVJesusV Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited June 14, 2005
    Hi
    Eh, no biggie, right. Well here is where it gets weird. I pushed the ISO to 400...no change....

I am afraid that the camera adjusts the flash power to have the right exposure. You can see the difference when you switch flash off .headscratch.gif

Ok, so I pushed the EV to +2. Now its over exposed. Shouldn't ISO400 + EV+2= ISO 1600? I mean its 2 stops over. The camera should have pushed the shutter speed way up instead of blowing itself out. Correct?

Not, you are telling the camera to overexposure by +2 EV, with flash the camera increase the power without flash the speed is reduced and/or a wider apperture is selected. eek7.gif

Then in M mode, there is no EV....since you set S/A manually.

Yes you can see the the exposure on the left down corner. 0 EV, +0,3 , + 0,7 you overexpose and negative you underexpose. Play with speed and aperture (just 2 settings) to have the appropriate exposure.clap.gif

All I want to do is be able to set the ISO to 400, EV+2 then be allowed to select my own shutter/ap mode. I guess I may be asking too much for this P&S....:uhoh[/QUOTE]
  • g0tr00tg0tr00t Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 15, 2005
    JesusV - camera adjusts flash output :bash

I forgot about that! Thanks...