Film Noir

RockportersRockporters Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited June 9, 2009 in People
Recently I went on a shoot with a photography group. The theme was film noir. Here are a couple of the shots from the day. I know lighting is a little hot... Multiple people were shooting at the same time, and using pocket wizards, so timing with the remotely triggered light was tricky!

If you're looking for interesting shooting opportunities definitely check out some of the photography groups in your area. I run a photography group myself, but this shoot was through a different group. It was a fun way to spend an afternoon!

0905240644181dsc_6680-edit_8x10.jpg

0905240645541dsc_6806-edit_8x10.jpg
Beth

Nikon D300
Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

[SIZE=-3]Mary Beth Glasmann Photography[/SIZE]

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    Recently I went on a shoot with a photography group. The theme was film noir. Here are a couple of the shots from the day. I know lighting is a little hot... Multiple people were shooting at the same time, and using pocket wizards, so timing with the remotely triggered light was tricky!

If you're looking for interesting shooting opportunities definitely check out some of the photography groups in your area. I run a photography group myself, but this shoot was through a different group. It was a fun way to spend an afternoon!

Hi Beth!
    Seemed like fun indeed!
    Models, outfits and environs seems on par! thumb.gif
    However the lighting is nowhere near the target, IMHO ne_nau.gif
    I'm not sure if you were able to control it, though, those group thingies often follow "set one, shoot many" pattern (that's the primary reason I stopped doing them...)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    Try adding an Orton effect, or something similar.