DSS #27 - First Attempt

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited June 6, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Had a chance to photograph something today during a tour of a historic home that may (or may not) be suitable for the challenge. Do ya'll think any of these would work? I was thinking "toy" or "doll". :scratch

556330206_4WtSe-L.jpg

556329607_6WNbc-L.jpg

556331148_EAJe7-L.jpg

Comments

• karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    While I think that the b&w conversion is very good and they are nice shots, I personally find them a tad creepy. I don't know -- maybe that's just me. But that's my 0.02 cents on the matter.

Karl
  • nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    Hi Linda,

If you are going for "singular", I have a hard time seeing it in these images. They all look too busy to me to draw my eyes towards the doll ... just too many things are competing with one another (less in the last image of course).

just my 2 cents.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    Hi Linda,

If you are going for "singular", I have a hard time seeing it in these images. They all look too busy to me to draw my eyes towards the doll ... just too many things are competing with one another (less in the last image of course).

just my 2 cents.

Yes Linda, I echo what Allen is saying 100% ... they are creative, but if you go with these the last one speaks more for the theme.. but I find the shiny plastic look on the face takes away from it being a good black and white conversion.. I found that out the hard way when I attempted to shoot my sons dart board as a black and white for this contest.. plastic is hard to work with in B&W conversions..

You will come up with something.. you always do,, give it another shot...

I do see your signature style in these....

Katthumb.gif
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    Thanks for commenting, folks. iloveyou.gif

Yeah, these were a stretch, theme-wise. I just loved the light on that antique doll so I figured I'd give these a try.

Looks like it's back to the drawing board for me! rolleyes1.gif