Who Said The Old Guys Didn't Like Colors?

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited June 7, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
556162209_rREkB-XL.jpg

556152935_oxcTF-XL.jpg

556152975_hXZLk-XL.jpg

556153088_WHNxJ-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2009
    Howdy Tom,

Once again, you've really captured the essence of these fine machines, and you're right they must have really like Color:D

Really crisp and clean details, you must really love that Tokina!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2009
    Wonderful old rides Tom. Makes me all the more sad at the sorry state of automotive style (or lack thereof) prevalent today. Well captured. thumb.gifthumb

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2009
    About 7 years ago there was a move to start a "Pebble Beach" kind of event here on the east coast, at Castle Hill near Gloucester, but I think they ran only three events before they decided that they couldn't make it pay. Here are some pics from 2001 and 2002; gorgeous cars, and all the "concourse-condition" restorations were done in the original colours.

This Stutz Bearcat is one of my favourites:

548868916_MeEUp-L-3.jpg

Here's the link to the gallery:
    http://wildavis.smugmug.com/gallery/8363609_DAuJY/1/548870230_pcQUo

There are others if you care to look -
    - Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2009
    Hi Craig,

Thanks for looking in and your nice comments.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited June 7, 2009
    Hi Jack,

Wouldn't you just give anything to be able to tool around in cars with this much style and presence ? Nothing made today even comes close to making the statement these things do....they may be expensive but they sure don't have the panache of the old stuff.

Take care,

Tom
    edited June 7, 2009
    Hey Will,

The Amelia Island Concours de' Elegance....on Amelia Island, just north of Jacksonville, FL....has grown to become one of the most respected shows in the world. Many of the exhibitors of these caliber of cars have even accorded the show a higher ranking than Pebble Beach. In any event, it's a wonderful show and a chance to see some really world-class collector cars.

Tom