Bald River Falls revisited

kscottkscott Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited June 8, 2009 in Landscapes
I'm glad I took the time to make the drive down again to the falls. I kept checking the weather all week as they were having the same rain that was hovering over Louisville this past week, and didn't want to shoot down there in the rain. The rain finally parted and I sped down I-75 Friday evening, spent the night in a little place in Tellico Plains, gathered up all my gear and headed out about 5:45. C&C always welcome. enjoy.

Kevin.

556409163_AmrPu-XL.jpg

556477603_awivE-XL.jpg

556472464_GSVi5-XL.jpg

556918116_z33BM-XL.jpg
kscott

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2009
    Fantastic captures! The 1st and 3rd are my favorite, but all are wonderful. I really like the natural tones you captured. None of the images look too "over the top." The greens, especially, are quite pleasing. thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2009
    Beautiful series. clap.gifclap Looks like it was well worth all the effort you put into it.

Dan
  • kscottkscott Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2009
    Mahesh, Dan; thank you it was an enjoyable outing, good weather, good luck shooting, and halfway decent results...I couldn't have asked for more.
    Kevin.
    kscott
  • vegasdesertfoxvegasdesertfox Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    kscott wrote:
    Mahesh, Dan; thank you it was an enjoyable outing, good weather, good luck shooting, and halfway decent results...I couldn't have asked for more.
    Kevin.

Howdy kscott,
    Thanks again for showing me what the Bald River Falls looks like in sunshine! I have only visited the area a few times and everytime there it has always rained. The other thing that always has me scared in TN and that part of the mountains is that the roads are so narrow, hardly ever think it's wide enough for two cars passing, but it just is! Amazing! And the other comment I had concerning your photography can best be summed up in one word...Amazing! Thanks!clap.gif
    Dusty Trails Between Weather Fronts, VDF
    Got Tent Will Camp(WJ)
    http://vegasdesertfox.smumug.com
  • kscottkscott Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Howdy kscott,
    Thanks again for showing me what the Bald River Falls looks like in sunshine! I have only visited the area a few times and everytime there it has always rained. The other thing that always has me scared in TN and that part of the mountains is that the roads are so narrow, hardly ever think it's wide enough for two cars passing, but it just is! Amazing! And the other comment I had concerning your photography can best be summed up in one word...Amazing! Thanks!clap.gif

yes, some of the roads are very narrow like the US 129 along the Dragons Tail, but the newly completed Cherlohala skyway is a wonderful drive into the Cherokee National Forest. thanks again for the kind words... Kevin.
    kscott