Muggy Mosquito Day

KhristenKhristen Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited June 9, 2009 in People
Lurker? yes. Nervous? yes. Lol. I'm just now able to sit down at the computer and NOT have anything pressing to do. Really I'm avoiding the inevitable pile of dishes in my kitchen because I'm sick and lazy today. So, I thought I'd post my first pic.
This is my oldest son, Caden. we took a trip to the swamp and found this nifty little bridge. It was hot as blazes but luckily there was a little creek beneath this bridge that offered a cool break. I just kept crossing my fingers that I didn't drop my camera in it!
C&C welcomed
522816657_d8xo5-M.jpg

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. We're still drowning in rain here.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 8, 2009
    No need to be nervous...we're a nice bunch. :D

That's a cool bridge and a pretty scene. I wonder if this would be better in color--it might make your son stand out more. Just a thought.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    wave.gif - Welcome. Like Richard said ... no reason to be nervous. Nobody is going to jump on you or your photos ---- unless you ask for it :D

Nice bridge and I love the B&W.
  • KhristenKhristen Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Thanks guys- I did think about the photo in color but I really prefer the black and white. It was noon day sun so between that and the harsh shadows it really looked better in black and white.

I liked this one so much I ordered a canvas and man... on canvas it looks awesome.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Khristen wrote:
    Thanks guys- I did think about the photo in color but I really prefer the black and white. It was noon day sun so between that and the harsh shadows it really looked better in black and white.

I liked this one so much I ordered a canvas and man... on canvas it looks awesome.

welcome! I would have been worried my kids didn't drop int he creek! eek7.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • KhristenKhristen Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    welcome! I would have been worried my kids didn't drop int he creek! eek7.gif

it really wasn't a very long fall rolleyes1.gif
    He's a dare devil anyway.
  • eatstickyriceeatstickyrice Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 9, 2009
  • momwacmomwac Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    Welcome, Khristen! I like this pic. clap.gif All too soon he's going to be big enough to dwarf that bridge, and you'll treasure this photo of your sweet, rambunctious little guy even more.