Stiff school shots?

KhristenKhristen Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited June 8, 2009 in People
Posting some school pics I took. Do you think she looks stiff?
C&C welcomed

509177618_u5XQB-M.jpg

509178945_iCuUV-M.jpg

509186212_PGHBx-M.jpg

509176007_svjRb-M.jpg

Thanks ahead of time!

Comments

• squiddysquiddy Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2009
    I don't think she looks stiff. Her smile looks genuine in the first one especially. 2nd one maybe a little forced smile. Love the last two.

Have you thought about doing blemish fixing or maybe converting to black and white?
  • codiac2600codiac2600 Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2009
    Posting some school pics I took. Do you think she looks stiff?
    C&C welcomed

509177618_u5XQB-M.jpg

I love the expression but the awkward bent wrist into the tree and resting her chin on it just seems odd to me.

509178945_iCuUV-M.jpg

I like this shot the best and the expression here is again very good.

509186212_PGHBx-M.jpg

This one bothers me in a couple of ways... the composition seems odd and the loss of the elbow at the bottom of the photo is distracting. My other concern is the exposed chest region which isn't flattering with how she's lying down.

509176007_svjRb-M.jpg

Great shot here and the expression I've seen.

Thanks ahead of time!
    -Chris :)
    http://simplyphotostudio.com
    http://decayedbeauty.com
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Does she look stiff - in the first two ... Yes. In the second two, no so much.

By the numbers:
    1. This is one that I would toss ... wrist, blown highlight on her right cheek, don't like the smile (is that her real smile or her "Say Cheese" smile?), the elbow, her arm dominates the photo.
    2. Issues:
      • Fence leaning to right, looks like she's hold it up. Fix: Rotate image CCW
      • Hot spot. Fix: Clone it out and/or re-crop the photo
      • Her upper arm is distracting. Fix: Reshoot with long sleeves.
      • Not too sure about the 90 degree angle to the camera.
      I really like the way the sun is being used to provide the hair light effect.
    3. Things I see:
      • thumb.gif Use of sun on her hair - thumb.gif. A bit more fill on her face from the camera position to fill the shadow on the right side of her face just a bit more might be a goodness.
      • :cry The cleavage crease.
      • :cry Her right arm dominates the photo and looks over-large. This is caused by a combination of short(er) focal length and/or being too close to her and her arm projecting toward the camera - called perspective distortion.
      • :cry Clipped both her elbows.
    4. thumb.gifbowdown.gif - this is soo good. I love the light, the quiet smile on her face. There's a sense of contentment here. Very nice. I would fix some of the fly-away hairs and correct some of the mor major blemishes on her face. After that, just minor curves layers for a bit more contrast and this is a winner!
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Khristen,

Private Message sent.
  • KhristenKhristen Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Thanks you again folks. Good info here. You pointed out somethings that I have noticed (cleavage, stray hairs) but some I had not noticed (elbows, or holding the fence)

Good advice. Thank you for the imput I'll be working on these to see what magic I can mix up.