Tasmania coastline AUS - Panoramas

JetJet Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
edited June 8, 2009 in Landscapes
Hi,

Some crit/feedback would be great on these shots I got while on holidays in Tassie. Thanks!

557335365_u3xFC-L.jpg

Both are cropped to pano sizes, not multiple shots stitched together, so they arent real large pics. Any idea on how large I could print them at a decent quality?

557337643_rzPQT-L.jpg

557374522_RfD69-L.jpg

557329893_eDgHz-L.jpg
Jethro :D
My Blog
Jethro Kingston Photography
Use this coupon code to get $5 off when joining smugmug: eO3NU7AM85scE

Comments

• Alpha_PlusAlpha_Plus Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2009
    Sweet Photos Jet! thumb.gif

I like the 1st and 3rd the best, For 2 and 4, the foreground is too dark for me. Number 4 is a little bland with no obvious subject and the rather dark foreground.

I just checked out your gallery, you've got some other good ones of Tassie on there too. Good work mate.
    Karl Lindsay
    Nikon D600
    Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
    Induro CT-014 Tripod
    karllindsayphotography.com | Photos on Facebook | 500px
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif I think Karl took the words right out of my mouth. I too really like the 1st and 3rd and had similar thought about the 2nd and 4th. Beautiful light and scenery, nonetheless.
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    #1 does it for me, even though the foreground could use a bit of a bump in exposure. I really like the curve of the road and how it leads around the water to the mountains. Tassie is a beautiful place!
  • JetJet Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Thanks guys, you confirmed my initial thoughts - I like #1 the best. I really need to invest in some Grad. ND filters for sunset/sunrise shots to get better exposure on the sky and foreground simultaneously.

I liked the lines formed by the hill and trees in #4 but it is a bit bland.

Keep in mind, every one of these shots was taken out the windscreen of a moving car! mwink.gifdunno
    Jethro :D
    My Blog
    Jethro Kingston Photography
    Use this coupon code to get $5 off when joining smugmug: eO3NU7AM85scE