Been awhile... challenging but fun mom and her 2 boys

TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
edited June 12, 2009 in People
Here are a few from last Sunday. The mom insisted on a 3:00 shoot in the botanical gardens. After a week of rain, we ended up with a bright, sunny, photographer-stomach-churning-day. :D Mom also wanted some artsy shots as well in the vein of the multiplicity theme. Not the greatest ever but we made due with what we had. C&C welcomed...

1. Family
557942977_zjzWH-M.jpg

2. Oldest Son
557940921_ZN9Hx-M.jpg

3. Youngest Son
557940769_nTwwG-M.jpg

4. Mom
557489026_nqvVm-M.jpg

5. Mom - Multiplicity 1
557489823_DzXCR-M.jpg

6. Mom - Multiplicity 2
557490194_nyLvz-M.jpg

7. Mom - Multiplicity 3
557489932_kPm89-M.jpg

Thanks!

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2009
    Good stuff Travis thumb.gif

Love the PP
    Randy
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2009
    The lighting is very nice in the first 4. I wish my daughter was as ambitious as your assistant. She is, unfortunately, unwilling to "go out on a limb" for me!

Thanks for sharing, and I really like those toothy grins on the boys.thumb.gif
  • Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Nice shots, and good lighting on all. Did you by any chance process these with Portrait Professional? Regardless, I think the eyes are WAY overdone... like "Children of the Damned" overdone... I'd go back and tone them down.
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Thanks y'all for the feedback. Tim, I didn't use portrait professional. I didn't notice it when looking at them though that the eyes were overly bright. I've gone back and toned them done a bit. Appreciate the input.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Very nice set.

The multiplicity shots are a hoot.

And they fit the current dGrin challenge theme!!

Virginia

Email
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Travis wrote:
    Thanks y'all for the feedback. Tim, I didn't use portrait professional. I didn't notice it when looking at them though that the eyes were overly bright. I've gone back and toned them done a bit. Appreciate the input.

Very cute set - and kudos to you for getting that giant diffuser over them!! thumb.gif

I question the PP too, simply because on my (calibrated, although due for a recalibration) monitor, the shots under the tree are a tad red/orange-y - you might want to check that and see.

The ones of the kids are nice shots, but I'm really digging 7 - the clarity on colour on that one is popping too.
    edited June 11, 2009
    Thank you Virginia and Divamum,

I checked the color on my calibrated monitor and the skin tones registered correctly (at least as far as the numbers read). I did have some problems with just the mom picking up a lot of green. I used a Photovision 24" target for setting a custom white balance for each location. I'm actually getting more disciplined and calibrating between segments. :D
  • The MackThe Mack Registered Users Posts: 602 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2009
    What & when the client wants is all that matters.
    good stuff.
    edited June 12, 2009
    Thanks Mack. You are absolutely right (to a degree :D)