Mild HDR for postcard effect

South Shore SnapshotsSouth Shore Snapshots Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited June 8, 2009 in Landscapes
Hey friends,

This finished product comes from three files, carefully processed with Dynamic Photo, in hopes of mimic-ing the classic postcard look that I remember seeing as a child. Hope you like it.

557950038_Cz2TV-L.jpg
Nikon D90 | MB-D80 GRIP | 80-200mm F2.8 | 50mm F1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 | SB 400

Pentax K1000 | M28mm F2.8 | M50mm F2 | Takumar Bayonet 135mm F2.5

www.southshoresnapshots.smugmug.com

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    As for as HDR effects go, this is darn good and natural looking, Rob. The only "off" things I really notice are the green in the trees where they meet the sky. That's often a difficult area to blend, given the slight motion from exposure to exposure, even during a relatively windless day. Overall a fine job with the image. BTW, do you have one with the entire sign visible or no sign at all at the lower right corner?
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,467 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    It looks pretty good, and I'm not a fan of the overdone HDRs. I would straighten the horizon a bit. thumb.gif
  • PackingMyBagsPackingMyBags Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Saturation is a bit high. I would tone it down a bit.
  • South Shore SnapshotsSouth Shore Snapshots Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    As for as HDR effects go, this is darn good and natural looking, Rob. The only "off" things I really notice are the green in the trees where they meet the sky. That's often a difficult area to blend, given the slight motion from exposure to exposure, even during a relatively windless day. Overall a fine job with the image. BTW, do you have one with the entire sign visible or no sign at all at the lower right corner?

Thanks for the C&C. I was definitely going for the non-hdr HDR look. I noticed that green effect too, not sure what I can do about it. I do not have one without the sign as yet. Will try again now that I have a 16mm wide angle.
    It looks pretty good, and I'm not a fan of the overdone HDRs. I would straighten the horizon a bit. thumb.gif

Yeah, when I look at that, I tend to agree. Just not sure if I'm off, or if the 200 year old foundation is, lol.
    Saturation is a bit high. I would tone it down a bit.

Thanks for the advice, will give that a second look.
    Nikon D90 | MB-D80 GRIP | 80-200mm F2.8 | 50mm F1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 | SB 400

Pentax K1000 | M28mm F2.8 | M50mm F2 | Takumar Bayonet 135mm F2.5

www.southshoresnapshots.smugmug.com
  • KhristenKhristen Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Good shot, I agree on seeing more of the sign and straightening a bit