DSS 27 One photo, a few crops

mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
edited June 8, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm torn between some of these, wanted to know what everyone thinks and any other C&C you might have.

Thanks!

3606663597_b4d9ab375e.jpg

3607483310_4fd0c64059.jpg

3606664707_de58fa4631.jpg

3606663265_6515ea943c.jpg

Comments

• staypuffinpcstaypuffinpc Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    title
    not sure which photo you should use, but as far as a title goes, I think you should name it "Who-ville" (from Dr. Seuss).
    {something witty here}
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    I like the crop in #4 the best. Great idea.

I'll let other, more technically savvy, folks comment on the conversion. To me it looks fine, but if there is a way to give it more pop, I'm sure someone will chime in.

For title, how about "maverick" -

Virginia

Email
  • mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    not sure which photo you should use, but as far as a title goes, I think you should name it "Who-ville" (from Dr. Seuss).

If it only it wasn't B&W, I would colorize it pink!
    edited June 8, 2009
    Flyinggina wrote:
    I like the crop in #4 the best. Great idea.

I'll let other, more technically savvy, folks comment on the conversion. To me it looks fine, but if there is a way to give it more pop, I'm sure someone will chime in.

For title, how about "maverick" -

Virginia

Nice idea for the name, and you're right, I think it needs better separation from the background. Thanks!
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    I #3 and #4.

The B&W looks OK, but on my monitor the whites look a bit blown out in sections. Is it possible to recoup some detail?
    edited June 8, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    I #3 and #4.

The B&W looks OK, but on my monitor the whites look a bit blown out in sections. Is it possible to recoup some detail?
    Here is a try on #4, better detail and separation?

3608194836_e3388eb0d4.jpg
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    I am with Linda.. I actually attempted this idea for the modify the light round and I
    ran into the same exact problems with the white blow out...

I think the most recent one you posted looks a lot better.. but the bokeh is not doing it for me because the white highlights in the background are not throughout..
    They almost look kind of like dull clouds. and are distracting from the detail of the
    puff on top..

the whoville title is cool, but when I think of whoville, I think of bright pinks and color.. I like comps #2 and #4 best..

You could try shooting it on the sky too with natural light... I did that but made the mistake of shooting the sun behind mine and oh boy was it blown out.. Maybe try to get the sun's light falling on it naturally from an angle.. ? if you have time to reshoot...

Good luck with it..thumb.gif

Kat