Pushing the theme 27

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited June 9, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I admit it - this one has left me high and dry. Neither of my first ideas looked good in bw, somebody else has already done my 3rd idea , and ... well, you get my drift :rofl

I was thinking about this under the title "One.... Singular Sensation" (as in the song from "A Chorus Line"). My daughter received an award for exceptional contribution to her Children's Chorus at Prestigious Local Instituation yesterday, and I managed to get her to pose for a few shots in the picturesque downtown area afterwards (only a couple but hey - we take what we can get, right? I claim privilege as Proud Mommy :).

Too tenuous for the theme? I know it's pushing it but I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here!!! :D

558262001_bwspy-L.jpg

Comments

• karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Beautiful conversion and I personally get the sense of singular from it. Nice composition too. I really like this one! :D

Karl
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    I don't think that it is too tenuous for the theme at all Diva..

I really favor the personality of this shot.. what a pretty girl. I am lovin the polka dot dress and the shadows... The polka dots help with the bit of blowout on the street. They help to counter that.

The nature of this shot makes is a great black and white photo..

Kat
  • bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif Perfect for the theme. thumb.gif
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Me like!! The theme is pretty vague so I don't see why this doesn't fit singular.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Singular girl... plural polka dots.. how could you go wrong.:D
    I think it is very nice. The shot works very nicely in BW
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    I think this will work with the theme quite well. I like it that the fences are dark and the background is just blurry enough to guide your eyes right to the main subject. A beautiful photograph and a nice B&W processing.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    That's one sweet shot, diva! Timeless in black and white (very nice conversion), title fits the theme, great exposure and thoughtfully composed. I think you found it! clap.gif
    Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Sweet! :D

Well done!
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Thanks everybody! I do love bw - somehow everything looks MORE rather than less real (kind of like radio vs tv, I guess - more is in the imagination).
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    Very nice photo :)
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com