DSS#27: Final Answer (c&c)

bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
edited June 8, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
So I was able to go and reshoot with some better lighting today. I have included the ones previously and the new ones from today. I am still kind of partial to the one that everybody liked from before (I entered it already), but wanted to see how the new ones grab you.

Something that I didn't notice before when I was there is still giving me chills and is the first pic below (the title says it all!)

1. Tahoma National Cemetery - Awaiting Those Who Have Not Yet Fallen

558332723_LChVq-XL.jpg

2-7 Remembering the Many

556773797_XoavE-XL.jpg

556773963_LFUQc-XL.jpg

4. (current entry)

556961468_oH37M-XL.jpg

5. (new HDR)

558333138_JHcmm-XL.jpg

6. (new HDR)

558335959_SEuPU-XL.jpg

7. (new HDR)

558360695_iW4ji-XL.jpg

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Your making this difficult Brian... these are all really good..

I like #1 because you just gave us something we never see.... well at least I have never seen one of those before, so it carries a lot of "wow" factor with it.. however, not sure about the house at the end of the walk, perhaps take it into photoshop distort lens correction and work with the horizontal perspective or crop it? I am not sure on that one.. see what others say about it... in a way it grounds the composition, but in a way it distracts too as I do not see the connection of the house to the composition and it's story.

I don't like the blur and distortion on #2 and #3-- No Like....

I like #5 and #6 ok,, but the flowers for some reason are distracting to me..
    Keep in mind that the way you shot #5 "really" dead centers the comp....headscratch.gif

I love the Mood of #7 and it appeals to me for some reason, but on a technical note, too much of the same grays falling into the same zone.. so it falls flat for offering any punch..

Lets see what you can do with the processing and clean up on #1 first.. Black and white photography is all about the expression and impact and that one has a lot going for it as far as impact on a persons feelings.. but you need to process that marble the same way you did on your original rework of this shot... brighten the whites and darken the veins on that marble..

Well that is what I have to offer ya....

Kat