Trying "existing" light again!

WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
edited June 12, 2009 in People
Thanks for all the reviews to my previous post for "natural" light...but now after reading those again I figured I have to call it existing light. So here is my try again but this time with someone who could actually sit still for more than 20 secs! My 20 year old daughter...(thankfully has been in a modeling mood to help me out!) c/c appreciated since tomorrow I get to do another person who is over the age of 3!

555426030_s8nTT-L.jpg

555427069_WvCXW-L.jpg

555414758_8NmnS-L.jpg

555419140_WDmKh-L.jpg

555428810_wpdk8-L.jpg

555411088_trdjz-L.jpg

555422572_ARE83-L.jpg

555424606_KZak2-L.jpg
Snady :thumb
my money well spent :D
Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!

Comments

• JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    I love these. Her eyes look like they are nice and sharp.

The only one that doesn't do anything for me is #1 I think it's too close ne_nau.gif
    At any rate, She gives off a really nice soft attitude. Does that make sense? I think you captured her nicely.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Sandy, she's beautiful....and you did a wonderful job conveying that. I adore #1. That is a GREAT headshot! #2, 5, & 6 are beautifully done both in pose, capture and post work. The last is lovely, really lovely...the magentas are a bit much (look at hair and skin tones). Love the pose! How could we not like these?thumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Lovely girl, beautiful eyes, great eyelashes, good photographer.

Sounds like everythings in order thumb.gif
    Randy
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Gorgeous, light and daughter. thumb.gif Hope to see more "existing light" portraits from you, and I hope your wonderful subject proves equally willing in the future. Well done!
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Beautiful, Sandy! I especially like #4 and 5, but they're all lovely... as is your daughter. Who is like your CLONE - you guys look so alike! (Of course, I get told this all the time too even though in reality she looks way more like daddy's family, but people see the dark hair and think we're just alike)
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    These are great!!!
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • Jazmyn76Jazmyn76 Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    These are beautiful! Great clarity and a beautiful subject! Well done! thumb.gif
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! You inspire me to get out there and try some with my daughter.

Caroline
  • KhristenKhristen Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    Good job- she is beautiful!
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    Lovely light, lovely model! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    Thank you for all your compliments. Of course I think that my daughter is a beauty, I might be biased though :)

And Diva, yes I get that alot but don't see it at all..I was never that beautiful, but then again..I didn't have the kind of confidence in front of the camera. She LOVEs the camera and it shows. She is going backwards and going to a senior prom tonight (at 20) so I will have another opportunity to try out the exisiting light with a white dress on and all dolled up. And your daughter does look like you!! She is adorable!

Swartzy...thanks for noticing the magenta. I am having some issues with that when I take photos in this particular area. Not sure where it is coming from! Happened with my boy senior shoot too. There is nothing that should be causing that color reflection in that area. Any suggestions??

Caroline...get that daughter of yours out there and take some pictures!! it goes by soooo fast. She will treasure them when she is older even if she grumps about them now....
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    Some wonderful captures here. Beautiful subject. thumb.gif
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    These look gorgeous! clap.gif