Options

Who can answer this?

jnrpotographyjnrpotography Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
edited June 9, 2009 in Finishing School
Ok when dealing with a raw file in the camera raw software I do my initial adjustments. I then open the image and it brings me into photoshop elements. This is where I add an unsharpen mask and use noise reduction software. Then I save the image as a jpeg. My question is, if I am doing the noise reduction and ssharpening before I save as jpeg are those adjustments saved on the raw file? Should I be duplicating my raw file once in elements and then doing sharpening and noise reduction or are these adjustments not saved on the true raw file? Thanks!
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited June 9, 2009
    Ok when dealing with a raw file in the camera raw software I do my initial adjustments. I then open the image and it brings me into photoshop elements. This is where I add an unsharpen mask and use noise reduction software. Then I save the image as a jpeg. My question is, if I am doing the noise reduction and ssharpening before I save as jpeg are those adjustments saved on the raw file? Should I be duplicating my raw file once in elements and then doing sharpening and noise reduction or are these adjustments not saved on the true raw file? Thanks!
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

The RAW file is not changed.