My first couple of newborn shoots...

Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
edited June 10, 2009 in People
Hello! I have recently done a couple newborn shoots. The first one, well, I could definitely tell it was my first one and only have one photo I feel is worth sharing.

544532404_Y9u2C-M.jpg

I just finished processing the photos from my second newborn and am very pleased with them. However, when I went to pick a few to post here... I started second guessing myself. It is a lot different showing your photos to other photogs than it is showing them to the mommy and daddy who loves them all simply because they are photos of thier baby... Any how, here are a few I really like. Do any of you shoot newborns often? What do you think? I do not have a studio... both shoots were done in clients home.
Thanks!

559441331_NnJ5N-M.jpg

559441149_AwQWG-M.jpg

559440134_TgBKm-M.jpg

559440705_obCqq-M.jpg

559441016_8SMTR-M.jpg

559440339_HdBgx-M.jpg
"Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."

Comments

• jethibodjethibod Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    Wow!!! I love these! I think # 2 and # 7 are my favorites!! Nicely done!
    Jen

Live today like you'll wish you would have 10 years in the future. You only get one life; this is it...live it up. -
    Joy Nash
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    I like #1! I love #2 except that it looks a little over flashed. You could probably tweak that a bit. I'm loving the colors in #5 and #7. The stripes are great in #7, and I also like the composition.

Caroline
  • GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    There are GREAT!!! Gorgeous and delicate like the baby
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    #1 stands out for the comp

#6 great capture of those eyes

Thanks for posting.
    Randy
  • Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Thanks so much for your comments everyone! iloveyou.gif

I'm going to go try and calm down number 2 a bit and see if I can't get the bottom blanket to show a little more in a few others too. Over all I'm pleased and ready to try it again! :D
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    I found out a while ago that babies are a real challenge. These are sooooo much better than my first attempt that there's no comparison. I think you did wonderfully!

#1 - Yup, stands out for the composition. Nice!

#2 - Maybe too much flash, not sure about that. I am sure I don't like the angle .... seems to need to be rotated CW. Also, not liking the shadow thing just above baby's back. That would be super easy to erase from the shot. With these very small corrections, this is a real keeper. thumb.gif

#3 just looks very strange around baby's hand.

#4 - Love the shot, but not digging the blown shoulder and cheek. The eyes!! Wow!

#6 - The dark line under baby's arm - is this an artifact from a cloning edit? Something about this one isn't working for me - maybe the edit on the right side of baby's head?

#7 - This is very very good. I think I would crop this to remove some from the top (to just above baby's dress) and right edges (to just short of baby's elbow).