The niece's birthday

jethibodjethibod Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
edited June 10, 2009 in People
I shot these a few weeks ago at my niece's birthday party. It was between 4 and 7 ish on a nice sunny day, and I used my SB-800 on camera for a bit of fill. I've done a bit of post with Aperture, but I just got it, so I'm still learning. What do you think of these?

DSC_0206.jpg
DSC_0180.jpg
DSC_0151.jpg
DSC_0141.jpg
DSC_0217.jpg

Thanks for taking a look, and for any CC!
Jen

Live today like you'll wish you would have 10 years in the future. You only get one life; this is it...live it up. -
Joy Nash

Comments

• Coleman PhotographyColeman Photography Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    They seem to be just a tad soft just my opinion though.
  • jethibodjethibod Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Thanks Coleman, I thought so too - they were all hand held with a 55-200 mm, and I was pretty far from all except the first little girl. Does that affect the sharpness of the subjects? I mean, it shouldn't, should it?
    Jen

Live today like you'll wish you would have 10 years in the future. You only get one life; this is it...live it up. -
    Joy Nash
  • kwcrowkwcrow Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    I think they just need some post processing on them to increase the contrast.
    Set your darkest point and lightest point and I think you will see a big improvement. The shots themselves are pretty good.

[added later]
    I gave it a shot on the first one if that is ok. In fact I did more than just adjust end-points. I tried to add more contrast in the facial shades and sharpened the eyes and a little more vivid color.
    DSC_0206.jpg
  • kwcrowkwcrow Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    I had to try another
    DSC_0141-Edit.jpg