3. Remembering The Many

558333138_JHcmm-L.jpg

4. Remembering The Many

558335959_SEuPU-L.jpg

Thanks for voting. :D

Comments

• MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    I like #4. It really shows off the scope of the cemetery. And the flowers give it a little visual "pop."
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    I like the composition of #4 best. Maybe a little more contrast, though. Great concept for this challenge.

Caroline
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    I like both 2 and 4. I think both are really nice shots. I'm leaning towards 2 though. There is something about the headstone in FG of 4 that bothers me.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    It is crazy how close 4 will be to my entry. Well, what can I say, it is best of the bunch you have posted.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    It is crazy how close 4 will be to my entry. Well, what can I say, it is best of the bunch you have posted.

Allen I can't wait to see your entry...and a little nervous. :D
    edited June 9, 2009
    Here's one more:

559646236_fudwV-L.jpg
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Hi Brian.. I am gaga for the depth you pulled off on #3....... but there is just something about the little partial flowers peaking around the sides of the stones that knocks it off my list..

I am going to have to agree, #4 is looking real good and is showing off the patterns in the stones with the layout.... but work with it... it is still falling a little bit flat with all the grey zone.. love the grey, but it needs a partner if ya know what I mean.. :)

hard choices this round Brian, ya did well..thumb.gif

Kat
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Have to agree with the others on #4. I love how you handled the perspective in that shot and how those flowers peek out from behind one of the headstones.
    edited June 10, 2009
    I think I will enter #4. I have done a higher contrast conversion.

Kat, I also took your suggestions on #3 and wanted to show it to you, so here it is. I too like #3 the best (my eye and taste is just partial to centering I guess), however, since everybody is saying #4 has better composition, I'm thinking that will be the one to enter.

560129447_eDtiC-L.jpg

#4.

560128695_7WMWL-L.jpg
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Hey Brian.. Yep, I am super big on balance and symmetry.. you cleaned it up nicely................ and made it worthy of your portfolio.. however, I went an viewed #4 in the contest gallery, and I am agreeing, it packs a better punch on perspective.. it looks awesome Brian....!!! and I love the way the first headstone grabs the eyes and guides you in to the composition.. whereas in #3 the first headstone is pushing me back out of the composition.. so good call on the adjustments and the final pick...mwink.gif

Well done thumb.gif

Kat