Options

new guy question # 1

wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
edited May 17, 2004 in SmugMug Support
I'm new to smugmug but not new to ditgital and convential photography. I am set up with a pro account and have set up a few galleries using a lot of the smugmug customization features including pro pricing. I've looked aroud dgrin and the smugmug site but can't seem to find the answer to this simple question.

Q- One of my customers orders prints. He is not pleased with the prints. Mybe there's a obnoxious speck of dust (not in the original shot). Or maybe he thinks it's printed wrong - too light, too dark, etc. I know ezprints is a different entity from smugmug. Who helps my customer?

Q- very similar question. Same customer - what if the customer is unhappy with something that is his fault. ie: he didn't mean to check the "crop" box and uncle harry's ear is cut off. Does he have any recourse?

Curious how to integrate smugmug/ezprints into my current business and need these answers. Thanks in advance.
john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
Edward Steichen

Comments

• Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited May 17, 2004
    I'm new to smugmug but not new to ditgital and convential photography. I am set up with a pro account and have set up a few galleries using a lot of the smugmug customization features including pro pricing. I've looked aroud dgrin and the smugmug site but can't seem to find the answer to this simple question.

Q- One of my customers orders prints. He is not pleased with the prints. Mybe there's a obnoxious speck of dust (not in the original shot). Or maybe he thinks it's printed wrong - too light, too dark, etc. I know ezprints is a different entity from smugmug. Who helps my customer?

Q- very similar question. Same customer - what if the customer is unhappy with something that is his fault. ie: he didn't mean to check the "crop" box and uncle harry's ear is cut off. Does he have any recourse?

Curious how to integrate smugmug/ezprints into my current business and need these answers. Thanks in advance.
    Hi and welcome!

We should be clearer about this on the site and I'll make sure that we are in the future.

smugmug does the support and we will replace or reprint as the customer wishes. We look at every order proactively to check for cropping issues, and I think most pros who use us would say we're pretty good about communicating issues to the customer and to the pro.

I can tell you that far greater than 90% of issues are with cropping. Such things as lost in the mail, damaged, or color issues are pretty rare.

It turns out that today we've been working on improved reporting that may go live tonight. It will break your orders into order numbers, not just prints sold. We also have been working on making the customer name and email available to you without getting ourselves in trouble with privacy advocates.

We don't consider many problems to be the customer's fault. If they mistakenly checked the crop box, we consider that a problem with our user interface to be fixed.

Thanks,
    Chris MacAskill
    smugmug