Coneflower

TosserTosser Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
edited June 10, 2009 in Holy Macro
Curious what you think about this one.

Comments

• amg2833amg2833 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    Awesomely dramatic shot. I like it a lot. Its a fresh take on what would otherwise be just another flower.
    ANTHONY :thumb
    [AMG]photos

[Yashica Lynx 14E | Canon 30D | Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 | 540ez | Cactus V4s]

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Agree with above- interestingly different- like it !
    Brian v
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Love the dramatic lighting and color. I can feel the texture of this flower just by looking at it, the focus is so crisp!

Caroline
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif with all above.....FANTASTICALLY DONE!!!
    clap.gifclapclap.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• TosserTosser Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Thanks for the comments.

The shot was taken with the 100 f2.8, and lighting was with a flash held under and slightly in front of the flower pointing upward. I was handholding both, so I was glad to be able to keep the camera still enough. Used servo mode, 1/300, f5.6. Ambient lighting was overcast evening outdoors. Some minor RAW conversion and sharpening, but no other pp.

We have a yard full of flowering plants, so I'm always trying to find new takes. This idea came to me while playing basketball in the drive with my son. We finished our game, I ran in to grab the camera, snapped 10, and then went in to watch the Lakers.