Options

Need CS3 Help

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited June 9, 2009 in Finishing School
I just had a new hard drive put in my computer and now I'm having some problems with CS3.

This keeps popping up when I want to save a file in psd.

***Maximinxe Compatibility (its checked on)
Turning off maximize compatibility may interfere with the use of PSD or PSB files in other applications or other versions of photoshop.

What do I do with this?

If your don't mind I have another question concerning Bridge. When I download photos using Bridge I get a box that says: The color scheme has changed. It changes it to Windows Vista Basic from Windows Vista Aero. What is going on since I've never seen this before with my other hard drive. In fact I never had any issues with my other hard drive, but the new one seem to be having so many problems with software downloads.

I hope someone can help me with these things :D

Comments

• Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I just had a new hard drive put in my computer and now I'm having some problems with CS3.

This keeps popping up when I want to save a file in psd.

***Maximinxe Compatibility (its checked on)
    Turning off maximize compatibility may interfere with the use of PSD or PSB files in other applications or other versions of photoshop.

What do I do with this?

Depends. Maximum Compatibility "on" will result in larger .psd files and those files can be read in Lightroom and other programs. I think Picasa is one, too. The .psd format is Adobe's proprietary format, and some programs don't view them.

You can turn Maximum Compatibility off if you are not using some viewing or editing program where .psds don't show.

Another solution is to save in the .tiff format.

I leave it off, and check the "do not show me this again" box.

It's not a problem with your hard drive, though. Anyone using Adobe's newer programs (like CS) sees the same warning until they turn it off and check the "do not show me" box.

I don't have Vista, so I don't understand the other question. I'm gonna guess, though, that it's not your hard drive or your download.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    Thanks Tony thumb.gif

Wish I didn't have Vista......