Options

New Roller Derby and Airsoft photos

insanefredinsanefred Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
edited August 31, 2009 in Sports
Here are the links the the galleries"
Operation: Infidel bash http://www.evisionphotos.com/gallery/8481671_LtKWH#558272786_KHtLG

Rose City Rollers Season 4 Semifinals 1
http://www.evisionphotos.com/gallery/8468188_T69fj#556769224_6y3Jc

And.. here are some of my favorites!

556771444_oq4Hv-L.jpg
556777714_MG5CE-L.jpg
556769224_6y3Jc-L.jpg
558260260_2bowa-L.jpg

557843395_DPMVz-L.jpg
557862187_dQhCd-L.jpg

C&C and comments are welcomed! :wink:thumb

Comments

• Options
    bloomphotogbloomphotog Registered Users Posts: 582 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Great shots all around. I really like the airsoft shots. What type of PP did you do? Any particular LR presets? I love the color grading.
  • Options
    ErbemanErbeman Registered Users Posts: 926 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Yup, I like em all thumb.gif The PP on the airsoft is spot on.
    Come see my Photos at:
    http://www.RussErbePhotography.com :thumb
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/erbeman

D700, D300, Nikkor 35-70 F/2.8, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR F/2.8, Nikkor AF-S 1.7 teleconverter II,(2) Profoto D1 500 Air,SB-900, SB-600, (2)MB-D10, MacBook Pro
  • Options
    squiddysquiddy Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Exposure looks really good and crisp on the derby ones. I was a roller girl for a while, "Robin Hoodlum"!

Had to stop playing when i busted out my knees. The people that do ours was like PunkAssPhotos > i think on flickr ?? You could always check them out to see what they take photos of also.

personally i like the ones you have here a lot better. The lighting in our place is horrid and anyone is lucky to get a decent shot.
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2009
    Thanks everyone!
    bloomphotog: I used the infamous Capture NX2 and I love it! (once you REALLY figure it out you will too)

squiddy wrote:
    Exposure looks really good and crisp on the derby ones. I was a roller girl for a while, "Robin Hoodlum"!

Had to stop playing when i busted out my knees. The people that do ours was like PunkAssPhotos > i think on flickr ?? You could always check them out to see what they take photos of also.

personally i like the ones you have here a lot better. The lighting in our place is horrid and anyone is lucky to get a decent shot.

I am glad to meet you!
    I am trying to get more photos of the derby girls real injuries, I want to show that it's as rough and physically demanding than *cough*handball *cough* I mean football rolleyes1.gif
    I personally know one of the girls, that might have to quit due to injuries :(

And, FWIW, the lighting in that place sucks balls too, only lit by 4 mercury lamps. I used flash and bounced it off the sealing to freeze the action. :D
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2009
    Nm
  • Options
    jaytothesonjaytotheson Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    The girls are serious troopers too, they take some pretty major hits and they wear a LOT less padding than football. They're bruised, battered and scarred. They definitely keep the league chiropractor busy.

AMEN on the lighting! I just started shooting derby and i've shot at 3 different locations, each with its own touch of horrible lighting. These girls are going sooo incredibly fast, especially on a banked track, it's pretty difficult to get it right, even with a fast lens and good flash.
    insanefred wrote:
    I am trying to get more photos of the derby girls real injuries, I want to show that it's as rough and physically demanding than *cough*handball *cough* I mean football rolleyes1.gif
    I personally know one of the girls, that might have to quit due to injuries :(

And, FWIW, the lighting in that place sucks balls too, only lit by 4 mercury lamps. I used flash and bounced it off the sealing to freeze the action. :D