Antwerp harbour

Zeus1Zeus1 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited June 10, 2009 in Landscapes
Like Paris, Antwerp is situated on both banks of its river Schelde. The left bank remains underdeveloped and consists mainly of appartment blocks and a green area. On the right bank You can find the old part of Antwerp and its oldest docks.
These pictures were taken 5 minutes walk from Antwerp cathedral and the Grand Place.

Bracketed series of 3 or 5 images, HDR generation and tonemapping with Photomatix, postprocessing using Lightzone.

p931862314-4.jpg

p930755362-4.jpg

Comments

• xiebuxiebu Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Zeus1 wrote:
    Like Paris, Antwerp is situated on both banks of its river Schelde. The left bank remains underdeveloped and consists mainly of appartment blocks and a green area. On the right bank You can find the old part of Antwerp and its oldest docks.
    These pictures were taken 5 minutes walk from Antwerp cathedral and the Grand Place.

Bracketed series of 3 or 5 images, HDR generation and tonemapping with Photomatix, postprocessing using Lightzone.

p931862314-4.jpg

p930755362-4.jpg

Wow , i just love those high dynamic range in your pictures , 2 great shots and color setting.
    The second one is for me a favorite compo , with eye for detail....
    For me thumb.gif

mvg xiebu
    Canon 40D and some glass.
    In every color there is the light...
    http://users.telenet.be/xiebu
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Very nice HDR effect! I'm not a big HDR fan, so I'll leave it at that. :D
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,882 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Nice pictures. I'm not into HDR either, but Antwerp and the Schelde always interest me. (I live along the Schelde, and work on the Noorderlaan.)

I always see that part of Antwerp when I drive to work every morning along the "Galgenweel".
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    I am a big fan of HDR, and I really like these clap.gif

Dan